---I agree with keeping my doctor. He's good at what he does and see no reason to stop seeing him. It would be nice to have a second rheumatologist to see more often, but I have no idea how that would work. ----
Talk to another rheumatologist- and I am sure they would be willing to give a second opinion. Your current rheumatologist , if he is a professional would not mind that or should not mind that you are getting a second opinion. I am sure you are not the first of his patients who wants to get a second opinion and it is very common in this profession. I was worried just like you how the seeing second rheumatologist would work, but it is not a big deal. Just tell them you want to get a second opinion, they cannot stop you from doing that. And it should not effect your continued treatment with your current doctor, do some research which doctor you would want to see(preferably who is a specialist in AS, need not be the best, even 2nd or 3rd best would work) and if he/she is in your insurance coverage. Yes it is a long stretch( for most of us), I waited 4 months between appointments. The earlier you contact them the earlier it will be. All the best!
Male, early 30s. AS diagnosed Sep 2015. HLAB27+
Current medicines: Omeprazole, Vit D3, Celecoxib(1 tab)/Zorvolex(2 tabs)(alternatimg between these two every week), Pyridoxine, Isoniazid, MTX(3 tab) every wednesday, on humira every two weeks since Dec 2015, Weekly Humira since June 18th 2016
On cosentyx 300mg a month since Dec '16