Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#277709 - 04/08/17 10:02 PM severe lack of appetite
tak Offline
First time visitor

Hi All,
I'm 60 years old and have had A.S. since I was 21 years old. I've been on so many different medications that I can't even remember all of them. I developed A.S. associated Colitis when I was 34 years old. I was going through a lot of stress and believe that the stressful situation was the catalyst in developing the colitis (which is in my small intestine-ileum). Anyhow, I have suffer from a severe lack of appetite due to the inflammation in my small intestine. It is absolutely horrible and I am so scared. I was on humira every two weeks but now have an infected sebaceous cyst that has to be removed and so due to the infection I went off the humira. Anyhow, while on the humira I am able to eat a bit. I usually live on green drinks and protein shakes made with organic produce. At any rate, does anyone else suffer with severe appetite issues? If so--any encouragement or recommendations. Thanks ever so much. Tina

#277760 - 04/17/17 05:12 PM Re: severe lack of appetite [Re: tak]
sdot Offline
Registered Visitor

I was just going to field the same question.

I have your answer, but it may not be what you are looking for due to location, beliefs, etc.

I basically have lost a crazy amount of weight in a little time and have lost my appetite. I have used medical marijuana with phenomenal results for appetite and pain.

I just can't afford to be on it all time. Lost another 5 lbs over the weekend, its just the only way i can stabilize my weight right now, and I am on Simponi.

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan