Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#278026 - 05/23/17 08:25 PM Re: New here! and a Question [Re: Nicole_B]
Nicole_B Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: New England, USA
I just realized - I think the rheumatologist asked about mouth sores which I said I hadn't had (she was asking me many questions in succession which were all no). I just realized today (because I got another one) that I have seemed to keep getting canker sores for a while now - last few months, last year or couple years maybe? Is that what she meant? Is that (possibly) related? I didn't think much of it. And I don't like throwing random symptoms at doctors.

#278039 - Yesterday at 11:18 AM Re: New here! and a Question [Re: Nicole_B]
schoonerj Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: New York, USA
I didn't realize canker sores could be related to AS. I just did some searching and sure enough it is a fairly common symptom. I get them multiple times a year and never gave it thought.

I would say it is worth mentioning.

#278042 - Yesterday at 11:57 AM Re: New here! and a Question [Re: Nicole_B]
SouthernMoss Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: MS
Yes, mouth sores can be related to SpA.
unicompartmental knee replacement June 2014
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Indomethacin ER as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Culturelle probiotic

#278046 - Yesterday at 07:09 PM Re: New here! and a Question [Re: Nicole_B]
schoonerj Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: New York, USA
Thanks Ginny for confirming.

Nicole, sounds like there are a number of things to discuss with your rheumatologist. I hope you can get some some answers. I am very new to this and find myself questioning everything.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan