Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278193 - 06/13/17 07:57 PM Does anyone not take medication?  
Lewis23 Offline
Registered Visitor
Lewis23  Offline
Registered Visitor

Does anyone not take medication?

Sorry... I did a search and couldn't seem to find anything. But does anyone just roll with a good diet, Aleve and stretching? Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who has found they have a mild form of the disease? Thanks again everyone and have a great day.

#278195 - 06/14/17 12:57 AM Re: Does anyone not take medication? [Re: Lewis23]  
Banana Offline
Registered Visitor
Banana  Offline
Registered Visitor

New York
I had a mild form for many years, it would come and go. I thought various diets worked...until it came back a year or two later. By the time I got diagnosed and on medication, I had a lot of damage. Damage that can never be fixed. Heart damage for long term inflammation. and *sob* my ankles.

Good luck, I hope you see a rheumy no matter if you take meds or not, because if it comes back severe and you can't see a doctor for months...you , too could end up with a lot of not fixable damage.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
#278219 - 06/14/17 10:05 PM Re: Does anyone not take medication? [Re: Lewis23]  
worldofme Offline
Registered Visitor
worldofme  Offline
Registered Visitor

Even if you do end up going to doc there isn't much anyone does for arthritis besides chemo drugs.

How do you treat hidden inflammation?

#278224 - 06/15/17 02:24 AM Re: Does anyone not take medication? [Re: Lewis23]  
SouthernMoss Offline
Registered Visitor
SouthernMoss  Offline
Registered Visitor

MS
They are not chemo drugs. Methotrexate in MUCH higher doses is chemo, but not the miniscule doses we take. TNF inhibitors are NOT chemo. NSAIDs are NOT chemo.

And many people respond very well to the various medications used for spondy. I'm sorry, worldofme, that you have had such a hard time finding relief. But that does not give you the right to make untrue statements just because you are frustrated.

Ginny - 57 year old female
Dx with USpA in March 2013; changed to AS in July 2015
Iritis and Scleritis
unicompartmental knee replacement June 2014
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Indomethacin ER as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Culturelle probiotic

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan