Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278208 - 06/14/17 03:01 PM Anyone have shortness of breath and joint pain?  
worldofme Offline
Registered Visitor
worldofme  Offline
Registered Visitor

Seems as if my body has found new place to focus - both shoulder, knee, ankle, toe and wrist and mild spine now.

I also have constant shortNess of breath and chest pain.

Doc isn't too concern says take tnf...waiting on approval.

I'm on full dosage of mobic 15mg for two weeks nothing.

I know it's not heart as I have been check for heart and lungs etc all last week in er.

Any suggestions?

I feel so inflame, fatigue, low grade fever and pain.

Not sure why all of sudden? Could it be because of cogulase staph neg?

Last edited by worldofme; 06/14/17 03:04 PM.
#278209 - 06/14/17 03:05 PM Re: Anyone have shortness of breath and joint pain? [Re: worldofme]  
worldofme Offline
Registered Visitor
worldofme  Offline
Registered Visitor

All blood work complete normal.

#278220 - 06/15/17 12:15 AM Re: Anyone have shortness of breath and joint pain? [Re: worldofme]  
Lenka Offline
Registered Visitor
Lenka  Offline
Registered Visitor

Minneapolis
HI. Did you try Nitroglycerin for chest pain?

AS since 2000,diagnosed in 2008.low back ,both elbows surgeries. IBS,Eosinophilic esophagitis. I am on Remicade, Methotrexate. B 27 Positive
#278223 - 06/15/17 02:08 AM Re: Anyone have shortness of breath and joint pain? [Re: worldofme]  
worldofme Offline
Registered Visitor
worldofme  Offline
Registered Visitor

Nitroglycerin for what? Chest Pain?

RIght now I take Mobic 15mg, it isn't doing much so I will be going back to Duexis.

I'm going to give Enbrel a try but WTF, I'm young to be taking these Chemo drug.

#278225 - 06/15/17 02:31 AM Re: Anyone have shortness of breath and joint pain? [Re: worldofme]  
SouthernMoss Offline
Registered Visitor
SouthernMoss  Offline
Registered Visitor

MS
Enbrel is NOT a chemo drug. Neither are Mobic and Duexis.

Ginny - 57 year old female
Dx with USpA in March 2013; changed to AS in July 2015
Iritis and Scleritis
unicompartmental knee replacement June 2014
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Indomethacin ER as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Culturelle probiotic
#278227 - 06/15/17 03:54 AM Re: Anyone have shortness of breath and joint pain? [Re: worldofme]  
Lenka Offline
Registered Visitor
Lenka  Offline
Registered Visitor

Minneapolis
yes. If you have chest pain from heart, it will help. I had suffered for 4 years with chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness. I was told in every ER or cardiologist that I don't have any heart issues. I was told it 's costochondritis.I had costochondritis before, and Nitro would not help for it. I was told it was anxiety, but I don't believe them,bc My GP did give me Nitro, and chest pain was disappearing with them. It get very bad, to the point that had to lay on the ground whatever I was walking, and at that time my BP will go up to 230/160. Finally I go to mayo clinic, and I was DX with Prinzmetal angina, Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction and Exercise Induced Pulmonary Hypertension. That's after 10plus cardiologist, many tests and hospital admissions. There mistake was for doing all the tests when I was laying flat. Even with stress test they exercise first, and then you lay flat and they do test. By that time every thing go back to normal. So, at Mayo they do eco at the same time as I was pedaling bike, that's when they see pressure in lungs go from 35 to 51 in 2 min. Then heart catherization wile I was biking again, confirm the DX of PH and HFpEF. The Prinzemetal angina was dx before other two, just because I insist that I have spasms in my heart. Doctor order heart caterization with provocation test just to proof that I am wrong and we will not talk about this anymore. Instead of proving me wrong, it get confirmed. I was also told before my dx that it may be muscles spasms, troath spasms, you named.
no treatments available for my tipe of HFpEF or PH, so I enroll in study for new drag at Mayo.
I say if someone think they have problems with there heart-do advocate for yourself, don't give up. when my doctor , who finally Dx me, ask why I didn't stop seeing cardialogists, when they all told me it 's not your heart, I knew the answer-I am not smart enough to make those symptoms. Yes, they was atipical-vasospastic angina is couple people on millions!!!!! but I knew I didn't make my symptoms.

AS since 2000,diagnosed in 2008.low back ,both elbows surgeries. IBS,Eosinophilic esophagitis. I am on Remicade, Methotrexate. B 27 Positive
#278230 - 06/15/17 10:25 AM Re: Anyone have shortness of breath and joint pain? [Re: worldofme]  
Thesnakejakw Offline
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline
Registered Visitor

Originally Posted By: worldofme
Seems as if my body has found new place to focus - both shoulder, knee, ankle, toe and wrist and mild spine now.

I also have constant shortNess of breath and chest pain.

Doc isn't too concern says take tnf...waiting on approval.

I'm on full dosage of mobic 15mg for two weeks nothing.

I know it's not heart as I have been check for heart and lungs etc all last week in er.

Any suggestions?

I feel so inflame, fatigue, low grade fever and pain.

Not sure why all of sudden? Could it be because of cogulase staph neg?

My first symptom of AS was probably chest pain, Like you I had a full cardio work up such as CT of chest one with IV and was given heart drugs to slow my heart down to take good images, Was also Ct at 2 other hospitals with my chest showing little tiny growths nothing serious, I was given a echocardiogram which showed results of a low lV fraction about 49%-50% instead of normal 55% and Holter monitor revealed extra beats in my heart when I experienced chest pain. Was given a endo scope and found out I had celiacs disease which lead to osteoporosis scanning which was positive, Complained of more frequent back pain was xrayed and tested positive for the main HLA Gene, was referred to a Rem, and was given a chest measurement when I breathe deeply and it was a eighth of what normal peoples chest expands to, My back xrays also showed a slightly compressed vert mid back and signs of AS in my verts as well and around. Were you diagnosed with as yet?

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan