Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#278541 - 07/12/17 09:38 PM Omg - foot pitting and edema all of sudden
worldofme Offline
Registered Visitor

Woke up this morning with minor swollen foot and ankle with pitting and edema. When I push on pitting it takes a while for it to come back, leaves nice intention.

Wtf, is going on all of sudden.

Should I be concern? Like I don't want to go running back to ER.

Edited by worldofme (07/12/17 09:38 PM)

#278552 - 07/13/17 10:20 AM Re: Omg - foot pitting and edema all of sudden [Re: worldofme]
SouthernMoss Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: MS
Try elevating the foot and cutting back on salt and foods that contain a lot of salt. Also, drink plenty of water. That sounds counterintuitive, but if you aren't getting enough fluids, your body will hold on to what it has. Drinking water helps flush out your system.
unicompartmental knee replacement June 2014
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Indomethacin ER as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Culturelle probiotic

#278554 - 07/13/17 03:07 PM Re: Omg - foot pitting and edema all of sudden [Re: worldofme]
drizzit Offline
Registered Visitor

Yea. I had to go off an nsaid when that happened to me. Gave up the aleve and the edema went away.

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan