Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#278937 - 09/06/17 09:57 PM What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN
Camerican Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Dallas
I am 48 female with As for 10 years. Have tried all TNF's & Cosentyx.
I am on prednisone b/c I cannot take NSAIDS. Mu doctor is telling me that we are quickly running out of options. I have seen a few postings re Arava & LDN and I am interested in hearing more.

#278946 - 09/07/17 09:54 PM Re: What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN [Re: Camerican]
Banana Online
Registered Visitor

Loc: New York
You have tried ALL the meds? Including Actemra? ((Which has put me in remission for 7 years now.

Arava is not recommended if you can get pregnant, so they make you use TWO contraceptives if you are of child bearing age. I am not, I have taken it off and on for probably 8/10 years. It works very help, like MTX with no side effects. I take it in addition to Actemra though.

Pred is very bad for you, If you take arava with an anti TNF, they work ectra well.

Anna

#279021 - 09/15/17 01:06 PM Re: What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN [Re: Banana]
Camerican Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Dallas
Anaa. thank you for responding.
No, all of the TNFs. plus Cosentyx. Since Simponi was the one I felt the best on, but did not put me into remission, my rhmy wants to try other antipsoriatic agents like Stelara? I had not tried Actemra or any like it.
Were you ever on Stelara?

Donna

#279040 - Yesterday at 01:54 PM Re: What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN [Re: Camerican]
Banana Online
Registered Visitor

Loc: New York
No.

But you should have been on an additional med before going through all of them. Either Arava or MTX should have been added a couple drugs ago.

Good luck.

Anna

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan