Next Thread
Print Thread
#278937 - 09/07/17 01:57 AM What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN  
Camerican Offline
Registered Visitor
Camerican  Offline
Registered Visitor

Dallas
I am 48 female with As for 10 years. Have tried all TNF's & Cosentyx.
I am on prednisone b/c I cannot take NSAIDS. Mu doctor is telling me that we are quickly running out of options. I have seen a few postings re Arava & LDN and I am interested in hearing more.

#278946 - 09/08/17 01:54 AM Re: What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN [Re: Camerican]  
Banana Offline
Registered Visitor
Banana  Offline
Registered Visitor

New York
You have tried ALL the meds? Including Actemra? ((Which has put me in remission for 7 years now.

Arava is not recommended if you can get pregnant, so they make you use TWO contraceptives if you are of child bearing age. I am not, I have taken it off and on for probably 8/10 years. It works very help, like MTX with no side effects. I take it in addition to Actemra though.

Pred is very bad for you, If you take arava with an anti TNF, they work ectra well.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
#279021 - 09/15/17 05:06 PM Re: What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN [Re: Banana]  
Camerican Offline
Registered Visitor
Camerican  Offline
Registered Visitor

Dallas
Anaa. thank you for responding.
No, all of the TNFs. plus Cosentyx. Since Simponi was the one I felt the best on, but did not put me into remission, my rhmy wants to try other antipsoriatic agents like Stelara? I had not tried Actemra or any like it.
Were you ever on Stelara?

Donna

#279040 - 09/18/17 05:54 PM Re: What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN [Re: Camerican]  
Banana Offline
Registered Visitor
Banana  Offline
Registered Visitor

New York
No.

But you should have been on an additional med before going through all of them. Either Arava or MTX should have been added a couple drugs ago.

Good luck.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
#279144 - 10/02/17 04:01 AM Re: What is your experience on Arava and/or LDN [Re: Camerican]  
Flowers Offline
Registered Visitor
Flowers  Offline
Registered Visitor

I tried LDN in the past and it did help but I was also taking a biologic and Prednisone with it. Then, it just stopped working for me and I retried it a few times and it still didn't work. I am on Arava now, which is helping my peripheral joints but they are still painful, just not as painful as they were to prior to taking Arava.

Arava, low dose daily Prednisone, sulfasalazine

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan