05/30/18 10:26 PM
05/30/18 10:26 PM
W
worldofme Offline OP
Registered Visitor
worldofme  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
W

I went to sleep no pain in hip nothing next day work up severe hip pain. it's been a week and the pain level is the same despite NSAID.

Is this course of spondy?

my question is does arthritis in joint come out of nowhere or does it.build itself with minor pain then full pain?

Re: sudden hip pain out of blue? [Re: worldofme] #280497
05/31/18 08:15 PM
05/31/18 08:15 PM
S
seymour Online
Registered Visitor
seymour  Online
Registered Visitor
S

The general rule with AS is anything goes. Pain can happen overnight or progressively, and it can stop overnight or progressively. You can have severe AS for years, then one day it goes mild. The opposite is also true.

There is no rule, no way to predict damage or disease course. Some have mild pain and a lot of fusion, some have no fusion but severe pain.

The only thing we can do is live in the now and try to live our lives like we have no disease when possible. If we have a bad time we go see our rheumy and try to find a treatment that works.

Re: sudden hip pain out of blue? [Re: worldofme] #280513
06/02/18 08:43 PM
06/02/18 08:43 PM
Iowa City, IA USA
D
DadCue Online
Registered Visitor
DadCue  Online
Registered Visitor
D

Iowa City, IA USA
Wow.... seymour ----That is a fact and I couldn't say it better. What you said would apply to related diseases also I think. There was no rational reason for the pain which is how I usually "guessed" that something was happening. I think it is all a guess because sometimes there was something else causing the pain. If you have been diagnosed with AS than an NSAID should help some because it is an anti-inflammatory. In the early stages that's probably all you will be prescribed but have it checked out anyway.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto