Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases Jump to new posts
Re: So it seems... RAHMBA 01/27/21 06:25 AM
Glad to hear that you have some answers.

Please keep us updated on your journey.

I’ve heard of people Dx with Fibro that actually had spondylitis, I think that happens b/c more people are aware of Fibro than AS. There are gender bias with both AS & Fibro. some people have both, SpA with central pain may be fairly common. Because of the circles I’m in, I don’t hear a lot of people Dx with Spa that actually had Fibro , but I bet that happens.
1 26 Read More
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases Jump to new posts
So it seems... sdot 01/27/21 01:22 AM
I have been in pain for a good 2 years and nothing has helped, however the Simponi has been good on my spine.

I finally end up speaking to my Rheumy which wanted to try Cymbalta for the pain, after doing a bit of research on the drug, I stumbled upon Fibromyalgia and noticed that I have everyone of those symptoms and have been complaining to every doctor about each individual issue ending up with no help... turns out it may just be Fibro. FML. At this point COVID seems more of a plan..
1 26 Read More
Re: Gabapentin sdot 01/27/21 01:18 AM
The problem that everyone has with Lyrica is that it blows your short term memory. It helps with a lot of the constant pain that drives you nuts, but that one side effect is bad. I used to find myself in a middle of a conversation only to forget what i was talking about.
5 582 Read More
Re: So, tests done, and... sdot 01/27/21 01:15 AM
Fibromyalgia
4 352 Read More
Re: Seasonal effect on AS symptoms? sdot 01/27/21 01:14 AM
Soon as winter comes I'm in pain. I know when it's going to rain, or snow. Hate it. I would love to go somewhere else.
7 716 Read More
Re: CoVid 19 Vaccine Mary Beth 01/27/21 12:24 AM
My joint pain was mostly gone by Tuesday morning. The arm is a lot better too (moving it a lot helps).

So 12-16 hours of widespread joint pain and a day and a half of a significantly sore arm.

I’m a bit apprehensive about dose 2 now since that one is worse for most people.
11 505 Read More
Re: New normal sdot 01/27/21 12:15 AM
lyrica helps
4 382 Read More
Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here jpgr 01/26/21 03:30 AM
Shoulder
lower back
some uveitis
Fairly mild compared to some others here. I do research- and find out stuff. Now rely on Low Dose Naltrexone, Oregano Oil, and Curcumin/Quercetin Combo
- which is getting a lot of attention lately. I wrote about it here https://forums.spondylitis.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=284622#Post284622
952 5,093,590 Read More
Re: Curcumin/Quercetin Mix = Anti-Inflammatory Effect jpgr 01/26/21 03:27 AM
see also

Combination of quercetin, resveratrol and curcumin may improve intestinal absorption of resveratrol and curcumin without affecting quercetin absorption. These data highlight the need for further research and suggest that developing combination therapies may improve intestinal absorption of these constituents. Our study also demonstrates that the apical-to-basal permeability across intact caco-2 monolayer model is a viable model to investigate absorption of natural compounds.
https://restorativemedicine.org/jou...cumin-on-in-vitro-intestinal-absorption/
1 28 Read More
Curcumin/Quercetin Mix = Anti-Inflammatory Effect jpgr 01/26/21 03:22 AM
I've done a lot research with regard to AS. One thing I've noticed is that I've found relief from 2 different meds

1) Low Dose Naltrexone and Phenylalanine (both fairly cheap) - LDN resets your immune system, lowers ESR. Phenylalanine works in conjunction with LDN- raises endorphin level
2) And this is really something- I found that mixing Curcumin and Quercetin (both OTC) can help really reduce symptoms. Where did I get that idea? Well, read this news from last year
Quercetin and curcumin effects in experimental pleural inflammation
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7418839/

Both are anti-microbial as well- especially against e.coli (but I still take oregano oil with them).
1 28 Read More
Re: CoVid 19 Vaccine Mary Beth 01/25/21 10:48 PM
I had my first Moderna vaccine yesterday.

The vaccine itself did not hurt at all. No burning.

3 hours after the shot I had a significantly sore arm. Somewhat worse than the tetanus shot. I would suggest if you are a side sleeper to get it on the opposite side than you sleep on.

Just about 24 hours after the shot (this afternoon) my AS flared. For background, I have fairly severe AS. SI joints fully fused since my late 20’s and pretty painful/ movement restricting arthritis in my jaw, neck, shoulders, back, knees, and at the points of attachment of all my ribs.

It is nearly completely controlled with Humira, I do not have break through flares unless I have to put off my meds for more than about 4 or 5 days.

So I am confident this is a vaccine side effect. Joint pain is apparently a common side effect from the Moderna vaccine.

I’ve had flu shots, two types of pneumonia shots, and the tetanus that includes whooping cough and the most I get is a little chills/ muscle aches/ migraine from the flu.

So this is vaccine-specific.

It’s not that bad. I think a few Advil would resolve it but I do my best to avoid anti-inflammatories after a vaccine.

I strongly suspect it will resolve within a few days.
11 505 Read More