Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases Jump to new posts
Re: My Past Week AS and Cardiac Barbara57 09/17/19 04:50 AM
So hard to go through cardiac tests when you’re not sure if it’s anxiety or your heart. The tests themselves always make me anxious! I’ve been there. It has to get checked out and hopefully it’s nothing. You were helpful to me many years ago when I had SVT. And you are always such a great support to everyone on this forum. Good luck on your tests and let us know what you find out.
1 19 Read More
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases Jump to new posts
Re: Potential "Patch" for AS PsSpa_M_1989 09/17/19 04:25 AM
PainintheAS:

I am back from vacation now and had an appointment with my rheumatologist when I came back. She did not reject the idea of "leaky gut" and certain bacteria being involved with AS. She also did not reject the idea that Rifaximin can kill off those bacteria. Also, she said the Rifaximin is prescribed by some "functional doctors" but not by regular doctors without GI-symptoms (which you mentioned).

That being said, I am curious how your trial is going? Are you symptom free? Does your doctors check ESR, CRP, or serum IgA to find out if your disease is currently active?

Thanks,
PsSpa_M_1989
51 3,052 Read More