Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Healthy Sex Life with AS
NoreenT #195646 01/24/11 03:08 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
You are right, Noreen. And it doesn't just affect women. Pain and Tramadol take away all my desire completely. On the plus side, I am single. On the minus side, I am going to remain single forever unless something can be done about this issue. I am looking into hormone replacement.

Spondylitis since '08, finally diagnosed Feb '11.
Enbrel 50mg/week.
Deana #196224 01/29/11 10:45 PM
L
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
L
Prkyx3, thank you so much for starting this discussion. It's one of my favorite topics now that we've found a solution. Married for 36 years and just recently diagnosed with AS, we didn't have sex, by my choice, for five YEARS.

So the solution: Have you heard of karezza? It is a wonderful form of "slow" sex that is nurturing and replenishing rather than fiery and consuming. It does not depend upon an erection or an orgasm and, in fact, removes all performance anxiety for men.

If you are used to conventional friction-based sex,you might want to read Marnia Robinson's book: Cupid's Poisoned Arrow. She provides a pathway, through bonding behaviors, i.e. affection, to this new type of sex. Marnia's ecstatic exchanges helped to rekindle my libido and introduced me to new, comfortable positions, such as scissors.

To understand how this type of sex works also read books by Diana and Michael Richardson, such as: Tantric Sex for Men and Tantric Orgasm for Women. They explain how soft entry works and give a great deal more information than I knew about how male and female sexuality function. I recommend books by all three authors highly.

Personally, this type of sex has been a real gift to us. We have sex every day--lol! I guess we're trying to make up for lost time...We have new experiences almost every day... Although he is not afflicted with AS, he enjoys karezza as much as I do. We fully expect to practice karezza no matter how disabled either one of us becomes until one of us dies. While it has not seemed to have an impact on the AS, karezza with my beloved does make me very happy.

Deana #219503 10/16/11 02:52 AM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Here's my two cents. I used to have an active libido with my wife. Since being on ENbrel for two years and now almost a year on Humira...my libido is almost non existant.

I'm not sure of its the meds or just chronic fatigue.

I have seen postings that I should get my testosterone checked.

Any other suggestions??

diagnosed with undiff spondy in 2008. Tried Enbrel for two years-became ineffective. Currently on Humira.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard