Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: vitamin D or other vitamin levels
georgie72493 #105956 03/17/08 05:10 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
I know there can be lots of grains, I said wheat cause that's the main (and I'm too lazy to type all that...LOL). Some people can tolerate buckwheat, my Sisters MIL can.

I had a colonoscopy and the doc didn't check at that time for either celiac or crohns (idiot!)
I just had another test (icky!!!) tube through nose into small intestines to R/O crohns. Lucky for me they found no evidence of it! But new gastro did not have them check for celiac.

As you slide down the bannister of life...May the splinters never point the wrong way.
IrishElf #105970 03/17/08 06:15 PM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
I know I am in the same boat! I have had gastro problems all my life. I had my gallbladder removed in 97, but I am still producing stones in my liver ( go figure)I now take a bile med to hopefully stop liver stones from forming. I really wish all the times they were down there they would have just run all tests and biopsies!

georgie72493 #105976 03/17/08 08:05 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
?? Georgie if you don't mind

Where did you get pain (if any) from the stones?

As you slide down the bannister of life...May the splinters never point the wrong way.
IrishElf #105995 03/17/08 09:05 PM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
well, the pain would be follow center of rib cage down and at bottom slightly to your right.The pain was severe! Lots of other stuff though, like my bile salts would be high,so severe itching because of blockage etc.

georgie72493 #106012 03/17/08 11:47 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Thank you. mine is center but goes to the left. Also when I try to lie down on my right side I get severe pain in my side and the left back. Same pain happens sometimes when I'm just sitting or doing a lot of walking.

My Bun and Creatin levels have all been within normal limits.

I hope you are doing better. Unresolved pain is... well,a pain! LOL

IrishElf #106176 03/19/08 04:38 PM
L
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
L
Hi there. Its been awhile since I have posted here, but I saw this thread and wanted to tell you all my exp with Vitamins.

First off I am told I have degenerative arthritis possible RA...Im 35 and have the cervical spine of a 70 year old. Anyway my struggle of finding the true dx is still ongoing.

I have dangerously low Vit.D lvls. I am on a prescription dose right now. My calcium lvls were so low a couple years ago that I have a seizure. My white cells are always high and my other vitamins rise and fall often.

I am on methatrexate and get blood work every 2 months this is how we knw so much about my vitamins.

Anyway just thought I would letcha know whats up with me. Seems like the vitamin D is commonly low in arthritis patiens and well here is another example for ya.
Hugs,
Leme

I am woman. I am invincible. I am tired.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard