STOMACH PROBLEMS
#117494 07/14/08 01:49 PM
M
MSU01 Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
EVERY MORNING WHEN I FIRST WAKE UP I HAVE NAUSEA DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE, AND IF SO COULD YOU TELL ME WHY?

Re: STOMACH PROBLEMS
MSU01 #117525 07/14/08 05:33 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Are you taking sulfasalizine? The reason I ask, is that it can cause stomach upset if it isn't the enteric coated tablets. Also if you are on NSAIDs, they can cause a similar problem if not taken with a proton pump inhibitor.

Lisa K.
"Attitude is everything"
Merlin #117532 07/14/08 07:08 PM
M
MSU01 Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
JUST STARTED TAKING IT. BUT THIS HAS GONE ON A WHILE. ITS LIKE WHEN I FIRST FINALLY GET MOVING I THROW UP .. I KNOW SOUND CRAZY TO ME TOO. AS GROSS AS THIS IS IT IS USUALLY THAT YELLOW LOOKING STUFF AND AFTER THAT I AM OK.... I WAS JUST WANTING TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE DID THIS, WAS THIS A SYMPTOM OF AS. I GUESS I AM JUST TRYING TO PUT THINGS TOGETHER.

MSU01 #117536 07/14/08 07:58 PM
T
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
I have had the same thing happen in the past. Many years ago it happened when I had an ulcer. In the last few years, I have had stomach inflammation (probably AS related) I now take nexium, which seems to help. You should get in and get that checked. Mine got rather severe. I did not go in right away and by the time I did it was pretty bad.

Cherie

twospecial #117541 07/14/08 08:37 PM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
Before my diagnosis, I had a lot of stomach issues. I would throw-up that yellowish stuff, sometimes other things to (I know TMI ), but I had that problem all day - not just in the mornings. Since I have gotten on all my "AS meds", my stomach has calmed down. I do still have to watch what I eat and stay on the meds, but mostly my stomach is better. Do you sleep through the night? I am just wondering if maybe the inflammation is worse at night? I know my stomach seems to be related to inflammation, which I can tell now, but has taken me 3 years to be able to relate it to anything. I know it really SUCKS!!! It is one of the many frustrating aspects of this disease, because I do believe it is related - maybe it just seems that way to me.

Tess

Some of the best things come from Author Unknown.

When the world says, "Give up," hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

Though you can't go back and start again, you can start from now and have a brand new end.
greenshampoo #117546 07/14/08 09:00 PM
M
MSU01 Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
NO I DO NOT SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT THAT IS WHEN THE PAIN IS THE WORSE. THERE IS NOT A COMFORTABLE PLACE IN THE WHOLE HOUSE. I AM SORRY THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU BUT ALSO GLAD I AM NOT ALONE. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING IT IS LIKE SOMETHING IS AFFECTING MY STOMACH. WHEN I GO BACK I WILL ASK ABOUT MAYBE AN ULCER.

MSU01 #117547 07/14/08 09:09 PM
T
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
I am glad you are not alone too. I have had many tests related to the throwing up. Make sure they scope you, so you can be sure what the problem is. I highly recommend an internist. Be sure you take care of your teeth while this is happening. My dentist told me to use an Oral B floride rinse whenever I got sick to protect the enamel. You don't want to walk like a ninety year old and lose your teeth.

I am so sorry you are feeling this bad. I really hated it while it was happening to me too. Please get it checked. It might be something simple and easy to treat. I found for me a cup of mint tea or chewing mint gum sometimes helped to soothe my stomach. But the meds worked the best.

Take care.

twospecial #117592 07/15/08 02:46 AM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
I should mention that I did see a GI myself to rule out anything more serious, I would get a lot of bloody stools too and colon cancer runs in my family. There are definitely serious conditions that should be ruled out with these issues, I just feel like mine is definitely AS related.

Tess

Some of the best things come from Author Unknown.

When the world says, "Give up," hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

Though you can't go back and start again, you can start from now and have a brand new end.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard