Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: SarahC- Angel on earth and in heaven
Virginia #124147 10/03/08 06:27 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
Saundra, thanks so much for letting us know. I'd been missing Sarah's posts but just figured she was busy...she was always so busy. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jerry and her children and other family and friends as well. It's really hard not to question the loss of someone so special. But as you said, I'm sure God needed her so he called her home. She was and is a very special person and I am very proud to have known her through this site. She will be missed.

Beth

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell".....Matchbox 20

Virginia #124288 10/04/08 05:49 PM
P
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
P
I am in shock. I have been thinking of her and wondering why I haven't seen any posts from her. This is such sad news. My heart aches for her family. She was such a very special lady. I will pray for her family to find the strength to get through this.
So very sad,
Gail

Somedays, it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps
postal2 #124360 10/05/08 06:07 PM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Oh no. She worried so much about everyone around her and then it is her that is taken. It is too sad. I wonder if a fund has been set up to help Jerry and the children. That is a worthy cause that I would love to contribute to. I know it was awhile ago, but accounts like that stay open for years, so if you know, let me know please. What a horrible, horrible loss. I always looked forward to her posts here and have missed them. I have often thought of her and wondered how her and Jerry and the kids were doing. Thank you for letting us know.
Karen

Live Life Man, Live Life
KarenB #124597 10/08/08 02:24 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
What a shock to read this, thank you Saundra for posting this, it must have been hard for you too. She took such good care of her husband and children, I can't even imagine what the loss means to them.

Thanks CB for the picture too.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
Banana #124649 10/08/08 02:36 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
How horrible. Words fail me.

Andie #124714 10/09/08 04:27 AM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
I do not read the off-topic forums usually, so I feel I came here a bit late.

The Lord put Sarah, Jerry, and her kids on my heart also in September. The truth is I stayed awake one night praying for them all. Isn't that something? I guess I had noticed her absence over the summer and was getting worried about her, since she used to be so regular here.

So not knowing about the accident, I also actually wrote an email to Sarah at the time to ask how she was doing -- and to encourage her that she was not forgotten and that I had been praying for her family. Although I did not get a reply very quickly, I too was very shocked to get an email from Jerry telling me the heartbreaking news about Sarah's accident. Although she had passed away already 3 months before I had written to him, the Lord had indeed put her family on my heart. Now I understand why and even more I will pray for Sarah's loved ones.

When I got the news from Jerry, I struggled about whether to post it since it was a private email. But now you all know.

Sarah, you will surely be missed.

DXed with AS almost 40 years ago
Mark D #124831 10/10/08 04:32 AM
L
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
L
I haven't been here since Feb. so reading about Sarah was a shock. I know how hard she and Jerry worked together to make a good life for each other and the kids and they inspired me. I'll pray that he will be able to carry on and at some point find peace.

Marilyn

lynnie #124835 10/10/08 08:09 AM
K
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
K
I too was so shocked and saddened, and wondered if I should post or not. I finally decided I should for several reasons. I knew Sarah touched many lives here and I was surely not the only one wondering where/ how she was. I also recalled my mom's passing 6 years ago. I was difficult speaking with those that already knew about it. But I will never forget the first couple of times those that she knew, but had not seen in some time, came up to me in a store, etc. and said, "How's your mom?" I'd just brake down and all the pain would come flooding back. For many, many months, if I was in public and saw one of the many people she knew, I'd avoid them and try to get away without them seeing me. I knew they would want to know she had passed on, and I should have been stronger, but it was SO hard to keep telling everyone and relating her illness and passing. I just felt emotionally raw each time, like I was reliving it. I have had many people that have lost loved ones tell me they felt much the same. I felt maybe Jerry felt the same way, as I know it could not be easy for anyone. I know my husband wouldn't feel comfortable in a forum and I highly doubt he'd post if something happened to me. That's just not something he'd do. And, finally, I knew so many of you would pray for Sarah's much loved family along with me, just as you have all done since I posted. I am thinking if all our prayers for them can help them find strength and ease their pain even a bit, it's something we can still do for Sarah as well, who was always helping so many. Thank all of you for joining me with prayers. There are certainly wonderful people on this forum. Thanks Christie for posting Sarah's photo.

Mark D #124845 10/10/08 12:02 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I also came here late.

SarahC was a very intelligent woman. She will surley be missed.
She used to make me laugh and I think I even put a smile on her face a few times.
My favorite conversation with her was about "The Freezer Guy". We both had a good laugh over that.

Such a good person to loose.

Av Guy

av guy #124945 10/11/08 02:18 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
I, too, am so sorry to hear the news; I will certainly keep this family in my prayers! SarahC worried so much about Jerrys health, but never let all her burdens get her down! She was a delightful person to chat with on the forums and just the past week I had thought about the fact that I hadn't seen posts from her for a while!!
I, too, would love to know if someone hears about an account that is set up for this family to help with their expenses, perhaps?? I know they were having a rough time earlier, even before this accident occurred, so I can only immagine that Jerry is having a harder time now!!
Bless their hearts!! They certainly had an angel on earth alright!! I know how lost they must all feel!!
Thanks so much, Saundra, for letting us know about this! (you, too, Mark!)

Betty

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard