#138773 03/30/09 08:29 PM
D
Doug_NJ Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
D
Hi,
I called a lawyer here in NJ for help and they said see a doctor or we cant help you... my ortho guy is retired... went to see a rhuem and she told me she has never approved SSI for an AS patient... If i apply for SSI will they send me to a doctor? At this point I frustrated with docs and lawyers

Thanks

Re: G-r-r-r-r
Doug_NJ #138903 04/01/09 03:51 AM
R
Disability Attorney & Moderator
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
Sorry to hear about your frustration. Sure, SSA may send you to one of their doctors for an evaluation, but not for treatment. At least this doctor was being upfront with you; better to know the doctor's opinion up front than to find out later, I would assume.

Rich

Disclaimer: Thank you for your questions. Mr. Feingold's comments are offered as a public service, are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice for any specific legal situation or problem that you may have. Please be advised that no attorney-client relationship is created between Richard Feingold and those who post to this website. If you have a legal problem, you should contact an attorney to personally discuss the matter. You may contact Mr. Feingold for resources for finding legal help. Thank you.
Rich Feingold #139040 04/02/09 08:26 PM
D
Doug_NJ Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
D
Thanks Rich... Do law firms sometimes have doctors they work with?... I really hate the thought that I'll have to surf doctors until I find one that starts with the patient and not thier own routine...

Doug_NJ #139240 04/05/09 04:32 PM
W
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
W
Doug,
You do need to see a doctor... doesn't have to be a rheum. SS isn't going to pay someone who isn't getting and following a doctor's advice. However, it isn't the doctor that approve SS Disablity, it SS, basised on the evidence you & your doctor submit. (exrays, range of motion measurements, degree of pain & fatique) Still the rhem you saw seemed to have an attidue. I'd find another one.

wjoa #139427 04/08/09 07:45 AM
D
Doug_NJ Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
D
Thanks WJ...

Doug_NJ #139920 04/14/09 03:29 AM
R
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
Hi, Doug. You may want to check with the resources of the Spondylitis Association of America to find a doctor who is sensitive to and knowledgeable about AS. I don't think it is appropriate, however, for anyone posting to this board to recommend that another member find another doctor.

Rich

Disclaimer: Thank you for your questions. Mr. Feingold's comments are offered as a public service, are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice for any specific legal situation or problem that you may have. Please be advised that no attorney-client relationship is created between Richard Feingold and those who post to this website. If you have a legal problem, you should contact an attorney to personally discuss the matter. You may contact Mr. Feingold for resources for finding legal help. Thank you.
Rich Feingold #141173 04/28/09 11:39 AM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
I have a great doctor but have had occasion to see others(Orthopedic surgeon, etc.) who felt the same as the one you saw. It amazes me that Orthopedic doctors know so little about AS. I agree that you need to find another physician, they are out there, not many but they are.

My biggest complaint is that they don't bother to talk to each other

Good luck in your search!

Marci

Marci #141255 04/28/09 10:30 PM
R
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
Hi, Marci. I think that one of the big goals of the Spondylitis Association of America is to education doctors about AS. This certainly is a noble cause.

Rich

Rich Feingold #141420 04/30/09 10:51 AM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
That's why I joined, to help spread the word to the medical community.

Marci #141435 04/30/09 02:49 PM
R
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
Great! Keep up the good work.

Rich

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard