Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Article on AS and Foot Pain/Morning Foot Pain
aslee9 #140380 04/19/09 07:35 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
I have morning foot pain as well. I always thought that it was from standing at my job but it is also painful when I haven't worked. When I get out of the bed in the morning, it reall hurts to step onto the ground. It makes me feel like I had been wearing really high heels for hours the day before. I never really thought about it being related to the AS, though.

~Jennifer~
aslee9 #140390 04/20/09 01:16 AM
P
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
P
I really like the idea of having a podiatrist speak. I've been having foot problems for the past few years now....doesn't seem to matter what kind of shoes I wear. Anything causes pain....so, on that line..does anyone have any suggestions about certain types of dress shoes that are particularly comfortable?? I'm on my feet a lot for work..

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit."-Aristotle.

29 y/o, first diagnosis of AS at age 22. Also have OA in both knees, Raynaud's phenomenon, taking Remicade infusions and weekly methotrexate injections, as well as voltaren, protonix and folic acid.
aslee9 #140403 04/20/09 02:50 AM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
My reiters syndrone was pretty much diagnosed by a podiatrist (15 years later AS diagnosis). I don't have pf, but have alot of foot pain, mostly left foot, but have had problems with both.
(I have flat feet, too.)
My subtaylor joint on my left foot was fused 3 years ago, cartlidge was gone. Now my left ankle is swolen and sore.
I think the Enbrel has helped my foot since the fussion (Enbrel doesn't do much for bone-on-bone), ankle flared recently when I went off Enbrel for surgery on my rotator cuff.
I used to "hot-wax" my ankle before fussion.
Hope this helps!

pennie2001 #140424 04/20/09 10:04 AM
W
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
W
Originally Posted By: pennie2001
.......does anyone have any suggestions about certain types of dress shoes that are particularly comfortable?? ..

pennie I posted the Kumfs link recently, but I'm in an internet cafe now about to run out of coins

winelover #140610 04/22/09 04:57 AM
W
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
W
Pennie, for shoe ideas see this:
http://www.kumfs.co.nz/home/home.aspx
you can see some of the styles, plus there's a store locator button

Kumfs is an NZ shoe company that was started by two podiatrists - they make shoes that take orthotics and shoes in extra wide fittings

winelover #140614 04/22/09 11:46 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I love this site, they let you return shoes, over and over. No problems.

www.footsmart.com

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
Banana #140650 04/22/09 09:46 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Anna,

I've been getting catalogs from footsmart but have never ordered from them because I wasn't sure of their return policy. Thanks for your post. Did you have to pay shipping both ways?

Do their sizes run pretty true or do they run narrow, wide, etc...

Ann

Ann
HLAB27+
62 years old flexeril, tramadol, tramadol er, percocet, lidoderm patch, flector patch, voltaren gel + other meds for other conditions + lots of vitamins

aslee9 #140654 04/22/09 10:16 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I forget about paying shipping when return but labels are included in the original shipment (UPS), so I want to say free return shipping? But can't say for sure. I ordered slippers from MiL and they were returned twice before proper size--so three times total with no problems.

They have great sales on the internet too. I have wide feet and have had no problems. I just order the size I am wearing.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
aslee9 #142648 05/12/09 07:41 AM
W
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
W
Does anyone know if the podiatrist thing is going to happen?

In addition, how about a dietitian or nutritionist to discuss, for example, the importance of Omega 3 fatty acids

are these items of interest to anyone?

http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/555736?rss
Diets With High Omega-6:Omega-3 Ratios Enhance Risk for Depression, Inflammatory Disease
April 26, 2007 In a recent small study, older adults who had diets high in omega-6 fatty acids and low in omega-3 fatty acids had high levels of proinflammatory cytokines; this was especially true when they had coexisting depressive symptoms. These findings are published online in the March 30 Early Release issue and in the April print issue of Psychosomatic Medicine........

http://www.ebmonline.org/cgi/content/full/233/6/674
The Importance of the Omega-6/Omega-3 Fatty Acid Ratio in Cardiovascular Disease and Other Chronic Diseases

aslee9 #142657 05/12/09 02:38 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
My feet and ankles are terribly painful in the mornings and when I sit for awhile. Here again I look like a wounded animal trying to get up and move. With the back, feet and ankles I have a hard time getting vertical. Once I move for 15-20 minutes then the stiffnes goes away and I continue to walk my 1-2 miles every day.

Jackie
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard