Re: Halted Speech
rebeccah #143441 05/22/09 07:46 PM
S
sequoia
Unregistered
sequoia
Unregistered
S
rebeccah, good thing you have what sounds like a top notch doctor! i think he is on the right track to look for additional problems. it does sound like brain, especially the false-recognition, which i have to admit, while devastating to you, sounds interesting how our brains could do something like that. it is almost like a deja vu. and i have had tons of those. the rest, not so much. good luck to you, and keep writing and/or reading, you seem to have found the right family on many levels, especially with the tnf's. also, i have the AS, my hubby has RA and is on mtx. did you try mtx? (methotrexate) peace, sequoia

#143475 05/23/09 02:07 AM
R
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
No, never did take that. My RA hit hard and fast and I went from running 3 miles before work (at 5:25am) 4 times a week to hardly being able to walk in about 3 months. Thought I had runners knee, then 2, then rotator cuff prob, then when it went to wrist and ankle- my orthoped thought I was a hypochondriac. Heard about rheumatology and boom... I did steroids for a couple of months until insurance approved my Humira and we were sure the sulfasalazine wouldn't do the trick. So, I was in so much pain and since it took 3 months for the sulfasalazine to cross into the bloodstream and then very little relief- I went straight for the bio drug. ALL pain was gone in days. Why start the Methotrex if I was pain free, right?...plus, I love red wine with my hubby on Friday nights. I used to be able to go 3-3.5 weeks between shots, now...barely 2. It's been only one week yesterday and I already feel mild tenderness in my left ankle. I don't know what SA feels like, but my joint pain is like a sprain...Ankles, wrists, knees, neck. Humira is not safe, but I don't know what else to do. I did have back surgery in 2000 for ruptured disc, so I know back pain- it's horrible. I feel for anyone that suffers with their back. So scary.

kmallory #144882 06/02/09 10:49 PM
K
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
K
The latest: they added lexapro back and within 4 days my halted speech was back! So now I'm 3 weeks post lexapro and my speech is nearly 100% back. This week we try the humira again - almost 8 weeks without it and the pain is close to unbearable.

EXCELLENCE is never an accident: it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
kmallory #146876 06/24/09 03:39 PM
K
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
K
Another update: Back on the humira and feeling human again. Pain med usage waay down. sleeping better again. hoorah!

EXCELLENCE is never an accident: it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
kmallory #221855 11/21/11 06:37 PM
C
First time visitor
First time visitor
C
Hi I've experienced halting speech and memory loss while on humira for Crohns. MRI came back ok. My brain fog pretty much lifted after switching to Remicade(another anti-TNF) and my hemoglobin, testosterone and vitamin D came up above minimum levels and I stopped eating fried food and other junk. Still haven't explained it all but I've learned to not focus on a single variable. And dont forget to de-stress.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard