Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kevin Cahill MD in NY
#146809 06/23/09 10:13 PM
K
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
K
Has anyone had experience with Kevin Cahill in NY? I heard from someone today he has a "cure" for people with auto-immune diseases. Something about a parasite in the intestines that he can remove? Probably snake oil but thought I would see what everyone here knows.

EXCELLENCE is never an accident: it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
Re: Kevin Cahill MD in NY
kmallory #146811 06/23/09 10:34 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
There is no cure for auto-immune disease. For some problems, ADDING a particular parasite can actually help. Sounds like total BS to me.

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
kmallory #146812 06/23/09 10:34 PM
N
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
not every auto- immune disease is the same so not every one will be treated by the same things. such as, Ankylosing Spondylitis IS NOT Chrohns disease even though we may have bowel symptoms.So it may put some into a state of remission but generally not ALL. There are alot of treatments going around we just have yet to see the clinical trials for AS specifically out of any.
If you find that let us know we listen.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.
- Socrates
NWbrooktrout #146830 06/24/09 01:29 AM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
I was treated by Dr. Kevin Cahill in Manhattan a few years ago, but he never mentioned anything about curing my "fibromyalgia". He did, however, treat me for a parasite and ended 20 years of **** that I had endured because of being misdiagnosed with IBS! The man is my hero. He cultured a stool sample in his office (as opposed to sending it to a lab)and once he made a diagnosis, I only had to be on strong meds for 6 days. I haven't had "IBS" since. He was/is highly educated, well respected, humble, kind and gentlemanly. His receptionist is a trip, but she's harmless. Good Luck!

ckctrainer #146833 06/24/09 01:39 AM
N
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
well urge him to publish his findings and with the medical community get on to test trials for AS ans we will have it made!!! till then hard to really get it to fly except in his office? what was he curing? your stomache problems? Or was he specifically targeting you for inflammatory arthritic condition

- Socrates
NWbrooktrout #146873 06/24/09 03:01 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
ckctrainer, I see you are new here. Welcome. Sounds like you had an amoebic infection or something, were you put on Flagyl? This type of infection is not all that unusual and fairly easy to treat if caught correctly. My daughter had this sort of problem last year and routine stool testing for ova and parasites was sufficient in her case... Flagyl eliminated the amoeba ... however it didn't turn out that her Crohn's was a misdiagnosis.

I am glad Dr. Cahill helped you out, but he didn't do anything special. The real issue is that your original doctor diagnosed you with IBS and apparently wasn't thorough enough with diagnostic testing. I'm sorry you suffered unnecessarily all that time. It makes sense he didn't talk about curing fibromyalgia, because that's not an auto-immune disease.

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
JenInCincy #147111 06/27/09 01:25 AM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Hi:

My parasite was ghirdia lambia (I don't think that's spelled correctly) and Dr. Cahill put me on Cipro and Alinia for 6 days. That was it and POOF...my symptoms vanished. No more pain and no more having to stay within sprinting distance of a restroom!

ckctrainer #147113 06/27/09 01:28 AM
N
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
So you had Chrohns ?????

NWbrooktrout #147114 06/27/09 01:40 AM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
No - for 20 years prior to seeing Dr. Cahill the (mis)diagnoses were ulcerative colitis (first), then IBS (when the alleged "colitis" didn't return). The real problem was the parasite. Interestingly, in hindsight I can identify exactly when I got the parasite...during a trip to Key West...because when I returned from that trip I was so sick I was hospitalized for a week.

NWbrooktrout #147116 06/27/09 01:45 AM
N
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/Foodb...k/ucm070716.htm
Definition thru FDA. Though a person like us with a (medically induced) supressed immune system could be susceptible to catching this communicable disorder it isnt something related to our inflammation at tendons and fusing. It only resides in one section of the intestine tho can contaminate others through unsanitary practices.
Not much is related to us. frown too bad we sure are always looking for connections. And I am so glad you have gotten releif that itself is always good to hear.

- Socrates
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard