Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Did you have to give up coffee?
#153985 08/28/09 03:47 PM
joey Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Here is a story......(my DH tells me I like to tell stories)...

I have been noticing that my pain intensifies on Tuesdays and continues to get worse as the week goes on. I have Fridays off and I am usually laid up on the couch w/the heating pad.

I was starting to believe I was doing WAY too much on the weekends...which could be true.....but it was too much of a coincidence that I was hurting on Tues and not Mon.

Finally realised that the only difference between the week day and the weekend was 'coffee'. I only drink coffee at work and since the new coffee I bought is stronger then usual, I tend to put too much sugar.

So.....the experiment, I have switched to green tea/honey and hoping to have good results.

I ask, again, did you have to give up coffee?

Joyce

Joyce - Mom to Dylan (13), Joshua (11)
*Cimzia, Diclophenac, Methotrexate*
Re: Did you have to give up coffee?
joey #153987 08/28/09 04:07 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
GIVE UP COFFEE??!!! AARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

(Okay, seriously ... I only have one cup of coffee a day and only on weekdays, but I haven't noticed any difference. Then again, I drink my coffee black, with no cream or sugar, and ( don't like the strong, bitter kind ... so maybe it's the sugar.)

Spenser23

Spenser23 #153988 08/28/09 04:17 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
I could not breathe without coffee.(lol)

Jackie
jackieb #153991 08/28/09 04:28 PM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
I need something with caffeine most days. But not a lot or I feel out of it. Whether it's an 8oz can of coke or a snapple tea (which sometimes is too much) they both have sugar so I can't tell which makes me twitchier. But with coffee I normally have decafe lattes with no sugar.

Unless we're talking starbucks frappachinos which has sugar and caffeine and makes me feel gooooood! In fact we're having them tomorrow and I've been thinking about it since monday! That's how good they make me feel!

jackieb #153993 08/28/09 04:30 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
There is another difference between weekends and weekdays.

WORK!!!!!

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
jackieb #153996 08/28/09 04:37 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Hi Joyce

I have an possible explanation, though I may be completely wrong... perhaps you are used to thinking that activity causes pain, and you have a desk job where you sit a lot? For me, it is often sitting still that causes most pain. Infact, a desk job with a standard office chair would cause me terrible pain! Most of it the next day. So Tuesday would be just about right.

I live on caffeine, but being a Brit, its mostly in tea.

At one time I worked in the City and went through a phases of drinking take-out cappucino with a couple of sugars. Until I realised it was causing my diarrhea. Sorry if TMI, but if you are drinking too much, you might also notice that side effect, which I understand is quite common!

37, Female, Psoriatic Spondylitis
www.charliefoulkes.com
JenInCincy #154003 08/28/09 05:29 PM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
Originally Posted By: JenInCincy
There is another difference between weekends and weekdays.

WORK!!!!!

I agree with this one! Work days I feel much worse. Being stuck in a chair at a desk is very tiring. Days where I'm off where I can putter around more, as long as I take it real easy, I tend to feel better and am able to do more.

garden13 #154004 08/28/09 05:41 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
JMO! I would rather die than give up my coffee! I limit it to two cups in the morning, but boy do I savor them! smile

Blessings,
Nisey

It is what it is!
nisey #154009 08/28/09 06:52 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I don't think I could manage till lunch time w/o coffee and caffine.

That is the problem with figuring out possible food issues. If I do too much, I am wiped out the next day, (Monday), not a day after that (Tuesday). So if you re wiped out on Tuesday, I vote for work too.

But why not skipped it for a couple days? Watch out for brain fog, I hear its worse without caffine.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
Banana #154015 08/28/09 07:45 PM
P
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
P
There's absolutely no way I could EVER go w/o coffee!! I don't think coffee would be causing your problems. I'm leaning more towards what the others are saying about work, I do a combo of driving for work and regular office stuff. I tend to notice that on days when I'm stuck in the car driving, I hurt worse.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit."-Aristotle.

29 y/o, first diagnosis of AS at age 22. Also have OA in both knees, Raynaud's phenomenon, taking Remicade infusions and weekly methotrexate injections, as well as voltaren, protonix and folic acid.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard