Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pain around ribs #287 06/10/04 04:45 AM
K
Kriley29 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have been having a severe pain on the righ side of my ribsclose to my back. After I work all day or stand or sit for long periods, nothing help, not even muscle relaxers. The pain in unbearable. Also my back pain these last two weeks have increase so much,I am not sure what has caused this. My stress level has inceased husband lost job. This is really distressing me, I almost can't function for the pain. Help

Re: Pain around ribs #288 06/10/04 07:44 AM
T
TiredShrimp Offline
T
I'm sorry to hear of your problems. If you have AS, then you know pain can come, go, stay whatever it wants. Might be gallbladder too. You should phone your doc. Best of luck to you. You're in my prayers

Re: Pain around ribs #289 06/10/04 11:21 AM
A
Amber UK Offline
A
I've got Costochondritis, which is inflammation in and around the ribs & cartilage.
Maybe you should ask your GP about this.

Amber

Amber
Re: Pain around ribs #290 06/11/04 05:33 AM
R
rusty Offline
R
HI KRILEY.
I read your post and just had to reply.I understand and REALLY FEEL for you! Sometimes, I pray for more pain,and less stress,atleast then this sickness would only affect me!! and not my family. This hurts like hell!!!! But give me more and spare the ones I love.!!! Hang in there,I'll say a prayer!!
RUSTY

Re: Pain around ribs #291 06/11/04 06:04 PM
F
freebird Offline
F
Hi Kriley,
l'm so sorry you are dealing with the type of pain that l call "the knife in my back", every time l breath it feels like someone turning the knife. Sneezing or coughing !! l'm not sure what it is but l do know that stress makes it worse. l think it is all the small muscles that are between the ribs that may be causing your pain. lt is what causes mine but l know everyone is different. l found massage therapy extremely helpful. l know its expensive but what is your well-being worth? Just know that others care and try to take some time for yourself. With the pain being in your ribs try some deep breathing exercises. lf nothing else it may help you relax. take good care

Re: Pain around ribs #292 06/12/04 12:54 AM
K
Kriley29 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just want to say thanks to all who gave the wonderful suggestions and the prayers. I go back to the rheum. on 6/14 I will see what he has to say. I did get a massage and it was wonderful, if anything I did relax for a while. I have signed up for overtime to make up the difference of my husbands lost income. I pray I can old up to it. But I know through prayer all thing can be done. Thanks again. It is wonderful to know someone understands the pain, and that you are not just moaning for nothing. smile

Re: Pain around ribs #293 06/14/04 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can relate. Two years ago the pain in my ribs was so intense I could barely breathe. I drove myself to the emergency room hoping they could give me something, ANYTHING to relieve the pain. No one should have to fear choosing between not breathing or experiencing excruciating pain. And forget about sneezing or coughing!

Fortunately, I had gone through all of the DMARDs with my rheumy and was scheduled for my first Remicade treatment. It came just in time. I haven't had any ribcage pain since then. So... I highly recommend at least trying the anti-TNF drugs.

Re: Pain around ribs #294 06/14/04 04:41 PM
M
mmorss Offline
M
My daughter is 19, and has psoriatic spondilities. She’s on Enbrel, but maybe they’ll switch her meds. Micki had a sonagram done on her right upper quadrant (pancres, liver, gallblatter, kidney) last week, because of all the pain she has in this area, and if the disease then that was just a waste of money!

Donna
Re: Pain around ribs #295 06/15/04 12:31 AM
R
Ryan's mom Offline
R
I'm just in the diagnosing stage ... so far osteoarthritis and psoriatic arthritis ... most likely AS as well. I've had every GI test possible because of the intense pain under my right rib cage (which migrates up into the right shoulder)... there's nothing wrong ... or so they say. I feel stupid complaining and decided I'd quit complaining and deal with it...until over the weekend it was so bad I wanted to scream. It can be accompanied by diahrea, constipation, stabbing pain, etc.... It's comforting to know that I'm probably not really nuts and that it's probably all tied to this...not getting a true answer is frustrating though I must admit ...

Re: Pain around ribs #296 06/15/04 06:01 PM
I
IrishElf Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Kriley,
I empathize with you. I went to the ER one time because I had such pain in my chest right over the breast bone, that I had trouble breathing.
They ran all the usual tests for suspected heart attack, then they did breathing treatments thinking asthma. When the breathing treatments didn't work, the tech got irritated with me. Was so strange. Then because they could not find anything wrong, they discharged me. No diagnosis, just a discharge still in pain. I have since found out that it was most likely costochondritis.

I also get some muscle spasms in my back that are real doozies! They hurt so much they can sometimes take my breath away. Usually my hubby can find them and "work them out" with his knuckles. It hurts so good! If he's not home, I use a hand-held massager to work on them myself. I use the homedics model that looks like a prehistoric club. It works great.

You should contact your doctor and ask about going to PT to find out if you are having muscle spasm's, maybe have some deep massages and heat pack therapy and learn how to take care of them at home. Contrary to popular belief, a muscle spasm can be extremely painful and debilitating. One more thing, muscle relaxers didn't touch my spasm's at all.
Elf

As you slide down the bannister of life...May the splinters never point the wrong way.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto