Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Looking for support group in Seattle, WA
stellacat #193551 01/04/11 01:21 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Hi all,

There was a group in Seattle, WA however the leader stepped down some time ago. If one or more people would like to take over leadership I would be happy to help get the group going again.

Contact me at SAA @ Elin.Aslanyan@spondylitis.org or give me a call at (800) 777 - 8189 ext 222 and I'd be happy to provide information or answer any questions.

There is a group in Portland, OR - please see link for information: http://www.spondylitis.org/patient_resources/sg_portland.aspx

For a complete listing of SAA spondylitis support groups in the US please visit:
http://www.spondylitis.org/patient_resources/support_groups.aspx

Best,

Elin
SAA

Elin Aslanyan

Director of Programs
Editor-in-Chief, Spondylitis Plus
Forum Moderator

Spondylitis Association of America
stellacat #193680 01/05/11 01:20 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I can't seem to find a support group in my area either Laurys Station, PA. The closest one to me is about 3 hours from home. Hopefully One opens up in amy area. It would be nice!!

Damaris

Walmer #226722 02/05/12 01:38 AM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
I also live east of Seattle, am recently diagnosed and would love to find a support group in this area. I e-mailed the contact person in Seattle but have not gotten a reply. I suppose we could start our own. This is 3 people interested, I'll bet we could find more.

barbara66 #228359 02/28/12 12:12 AM
A
First time visitor
First time visitor
A
I'm in north Seattle and would love to meet up with a group. I was diagnosed in 1988 with Reiters Syndrome but then about 7 years ago with AS. I have been thru several flare ups and the current one has lasted more than one year. I've been doing arthritis water exercise classes at Mountlake Terrace Pool. It helps! I'm 50 years old, but feel like 80 at times. I take Diclofenac and sometimes a muscle relaxer to help with the rib and middle back pain at night, but now my second toe looks like a sausage, so I'm back to the Rheumet. to see what's up with that.

AnneM #228450 02/29/12 03:48 AM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
I live in Sammamish, Wa. and have not been able to find a support group. Looks like there was once one in Seattle but it has disbanded. I was only diagnosed recently at age 66 with spondylitis after having severe neck pain most of my life, chronic diahrrea for 12 years, severe hip pain for the past two years and the thing that got me to a rheumatologist and diagnosed was a swollen toe. I noticed a remarkable difference two days after taking diclofenac, I awoke in the middle of the night because I did not have neck pain. I am a bit afraid of the diclofenac, however, for long term use so I am now going to a physical therapist and trying to cut the diclofenac dosage in half. I have not been real impressed with my rheumatologist but find I am rather limited now that I have a Medicare advantage plan. My rheumatologist did, however, test me for osteoporosis and since I was -1.7 advised that I take calcium and Vit. D. He checked my blood and called to say my D level was 16 so now I am on a prescription for Vit. D. My doctor won't x-ray my spine to see if I have anklyosing spondylitis until I see if the p.T. does not help. Anyway, that is my story and it would be great to get a support group together.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard