#168974 03/09/10 06:11 PM
F
Fong Offline OP
First time visitor
OP Offline
First time visitor
F
Hello everyone,
I was recently diagnosed with AS by my civilan rhuematologist. I have had back pains since 2003. I have went to docotrs many times and they just never figured it out until now. I have been in the Army Reserves for just about five years now starting in 2005. I have failed my PT test for years thinking it was just me and my weak back/body not knowing I acutally had a disease. I missed out on a lot of Tuition Assitance money for college because I was flagged. I do not want to miss out on anything else that I think I desreve or can get.

I recently have started to take ibuprofen and the Humira shots for the AS. I now also have a permanate profile to not run and no situps.

I have not been able to deploy on two sepearte occassions, one being very recent. The first was becuase I had unspecified back pains and was recommened to get a Xray and MRI. Now I know I have AS and another detachement had me on their deployment list. The NCOIC of the detachment recently dropped me off the list even before going to SRP because he says he needs the bodies and cant risk me getting disqualifed.

So, at this point I am thinking either I get medically discharged in which I do not know if I am allowed any disability since I have not deployed yet. The other option is that I know there are alternative medications for AS besides the shots so would I be able to go with that and deploy still? I want to actually deploy at least once and do my part.

Please help me, I have been looking for numbers to call or peopel to talk to and have found nothing. Any help would be appricated. My email is solomanfong@gmail.com

Re: Recently Diagnosed with AS in Reserves
Fong #171498 04/11/10 12:56 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
If you can get a medical discharge I would go for it....

\:\) Susie \:\)
mohair3 #171823 04/14/10 08:42 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I was deployed once.. Now im on the shots.. Did a little work, but nothing like you would do there.. basically if you are as bad of condition as im at, you will not want to deploy.. It's 2am here and i had my mtx shot today, and 2 oxycodone half hr ago. Its going to rain tomorrow i bet just because i cannot control the pain.. I'm tempted to go for a muscle relaxer and sleeping pill just to goto sleep right now..

Just saying, on your worst pain day, think to yourself "could you do it without the comforts of home" to me that helps most of the pain. to be frank, id shoot myself if my hottub breaks down.. then to see a military doc that usually has no sympathy for your problems.. I'm just glad my symptoms didnt hit until after i got out..

btw, did you work around any chemicals.. Like trich??

diagnosed with AS and Polyarteritis nodosa in oct 2010, now diagnosed with ASIA in 2011.. found it was related with anthrax shots i received in the military in nov 98 to 2000. If you think you have AS but the pain is not subsiding, look into your bloodwork to find if you may need chemo to slow your immune system. You may also find that lyrica may help in some AS because it may be some nerve pain too.
Fong #175380 05/25/10 10:19 AM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Background/Aims: During the first 10 years, two thirds of the patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) have microalbuminuria (MA). Functional renal reserve (FRR) and its relationship with proteinuria and metabolic control are unknown at the early phases of disease. We investigated the frequency of MA in recently diagnosed type 2 DM patients, and its association with FRR. Methods: We studied 181 type 2 DM patients with less than 6 months since diagnosis. Renal volume, MA, glomerular filtration rate (GFR) and renal plasma flow (ERPF) were evaluated before and after an acute oral protein load in 28 type 2 DM patients (14 with, and 14 without MA), and in 7 healthy subjects. Results: A total of 10.6% of the patients had MA. MA patients had higher cholesterol and triglyceride levels than those normoalbuminuric. Twenty recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic patients showed high basal GFR. Twelve of them had MA and insulin resistance. After the acute oral protein load, the control subjects and the patients without MA increased their GFR and their ERPF. The group with MA did not. Conclusions: Seventy-five percent of the patients were hyperfiltering. Normoalbuminuric patients had larger increase in GFR and ERRPF than MB patients. We conclude that FRR measurement can be an important tool for the diagnosis of latent diabetic nephropathy.
=================
SEO Costs |SEO Prices

mtptl77 #179324 07/11/10 03:28 AM
T
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
I to am reciving Humira shots and taking Aleave for my AS. Unfotunatly I have to tell you that you will probably get medically discharged becuase of Humira, this medicaitions needs to be cold at all times so that pretty much keeps you from delploying to any locations that does not have ways of keeping it cold at all tims. Depending on you range of motion will determine how much percentage the military will give you. I have full range so I got 0% and severence pay and my GI Bill. I will be filing with the VA in a few days and see what they will give me.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard