Print Thread
Ankle Problems.....
#176329 06/04/10 07:32 PM
P
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
P
Hey guys, haven't been on in quite some time. Switched to Remicade and doing fine..except for my right ankle.

Went to Orthopedic Surgeon today, who told me I've got Synovial Impingement Syndrome, got a cortisone injection into the ankle..but a little freaked about the pain it causes and what future treatment will be.

Anyone experienced this? What was your method of treatment? I've done the physical therapy route already.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit."-Aristotle.

29 y/o, first diagnosis of AS at age 22. Also have OA in both knees, Raynaud's phenomenon, taking Remicade infusions and weekly methotrexate injections, as well as voltaren, protonix and folic acid.
Re: Ankle Problems.....
pennie2001 #176339 06/05/10 12:00 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Steriod injections every couple months. I go to a foot dr, I think he does it better than the rhuemy. I time them for vacation.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
Re: Ankle Problems.....
Banana #176414 06/06/10 04:25 AM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
My left foot subtalor joint was surgically fused. Synovitis, too.
Yahoo has an ankle sugery group if you are thinking about surgery you may get some advice there. Thats where I heard about scooter that you kneel on. rented one, wish I had purchased it!
Use search option (for past ankle threads) or personal message me if you want.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard