First Remicade Infusion
#178208 06/28/10 01:58 AM
K
KellyChristal
Unregistered
KellyChristal
Unregistered
K
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be getting my first Remicade infusion on Tuesday at 8am. The infusion will take place at my doctors office, in his infusion center, and the best part is I only have to pay a five dollar co-pay. He will be there on site, to keep an eye on me....I am pretty scared and anxious about this...I dont feel quite ready, but my body and health has been deteriorating quickly and I need to try and stop this disease process as quickly as I can. I will post an update Tuesday afternoon. Thanks for reading....hope everyone is doing well!

Re: First Remicade Infusion
#178211 06/28/10 02:19 AM
S
sequoia
Unregistered
sequoia
Unregistered
S
it's good to have tons of support sounds like all is well with you!!!

s.

#178212 06/28/10 02:54 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
smile smile smile I will be praying that this will at last give you some relief!

Blessings,
Nisey

It is what it is!
nisey #178215 06/28/10 05:26 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
All the best... Wish you a pain free days ahead.... Relax... its not at all a big deal... first time is always scary....remember to breath slowly... that will calm u down... We'll be there for u...

Cheers,
Radha (DesiGal)

DesiGal #178249 06/28/10 04:07 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I hope it helps you as much as Humira helps me.
Donna

Donna
Suffering since a teenager.Dx with AS Dec 2009. Dx with ulcerative colitis 1998, both knees replaced 2006. GP said I had "some kind of inflammatory arthritis" 25 years ago. It has taken 50 years to get a Dx.

Mobic, Nexium, Naproxin, Lipitor, 6-MP, Nexium, Miacalcam, MSContin and 2 Norco for break through pain
avonldy #178313 06/29/10 02:25 AM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
I have been on them for a year now-do not be afraid!! It did take a little while to feel better so do be patient. I have felt more results with Remicaid than anything else. You will meet others and it will be great to talk to them. Do not let the negativity of some affect you though!! There are always those-Ha! Encourage them if you have to-it will make you feel better to do so! WIll be praying and God bless for better health-

Jean Angel #178316 06/29/10 02:51 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Good luck KC! I 'm sure it will go fine for you tomorrow. I hope you have a very positive and fast response to the treatment. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good result!

Female, age 47, B-27 Neg. USpA, Sjogren's, EDS III, Fibromyalgia, etc. etc..
Meds: Actemra, Mtx inj., Prednisone 2 mg (trying to taper off), Celexa, Lyrica, Folic Acid, Calcium, Magnesium, Vit. D. Diet: Dairy free, Wheat free, Potato free, low starch.

farbetter #178579 07/01/10 02:35 PM
P
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
P
Been on remicade for almost 6 months and LOVE IT!!! I've had the most relief from being on it. You'll do fine! Tip though- my first time I got headache and nausea, so now the nurse gives me a shot of promethezine before she starts the IV and I feel just fine. No headache or nausea-just a wee bit sleepy.

Hope it helps you!!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit."-Aristotle.

29 y/o, first diagnosis of AS at age 22. Also have OA in both knees, Raynaud's phenomenon, taking Remicade infusions and weekly methotrexate injections, as well as voltaren, protonix and folic acid.
pennie2001 #178621 07/02/10 05:19 AM
K
KellyChristal
Unregistered
KellyChristal
Unregistered
K
My infusion went well. I did get very nauseated but they gave me phenergan and it went away...it has been two days since my first infusion and although I have been tired, nauseated at times and sort of headachy, I have noticed some small but important changes...firstly I am waking up not nearly as stiff as I normally am...which is great news..and secondly my severe all day fatigue has sort of lifted a bit. Yes I have been tired, from the infusion itself, but that all day fatigue where you can sleep and sleep and never feel refreshed seems to be going away. So it is looking like Remicade is going to be my magic medication..I hope anyway!!! I go in for my second infusion on July 14th, and I am hoping I only continue to improve with each dose....thanks for all the feedback, I will keep you updated! Happy Fourth of July to all!

#178627 07/02/10 10:06 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Fantastic news Kelly and I hope your improvements continue to get better and better. As you have already had some improvements after just one infusion hopefully once the loading doses are complete you will be feeling much better laugh

Warm Regards
Oliver

36, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriasis, Depression. Urethral Stricture Disease.

Infliximab (Remicade), Morphine Sulphate, Omeprazole, Fluoxetine, Diclofenac, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Metoclopramide, Lyrica.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard