Re: funny things your dr has said
jackieb #187871 10/22/10 12:31 AM
S
sequoia
Unregistered
sequoia
Unregistered
S
jackieb...you are too right!! thanks for using a phrase my hubby learned in vietnam. it says it all, eh? what a gas! peace, s.

lilbluesmurf #187874 10/22/10 01:41 AM
K
KellyChristal
Unregistered
KellyChristal
Unregistered
K
My dad runs a company where he sales equipment for the visually impaired...CCTVs and specialized computers..my hubby is the computer trainer and builder..some acronyms they use on paperwork when hubby is dispatched to trouble calls: PITA-Pain In the Ass, HUA-Head up Ass, FOB: spam Old Bastard, and a couple others...usually when the customer is someone who is stuck in their ways, or dense....(trust me, if it is written the person must have been really bad!) And no the customers never see that paper work...but my hubby will get a call something like this..."Hey Mr Smith cannot get his monitor to turn on. FYI, HUA and will be a PITA. Check the power cord first to make sure it is plugged in properly." lol

When I was 9 months pregnant with my son, hubby and I went in for an ultrasound to see how big the baby was..I had gained 80lbs and was almost 37 weeks pregnant....as I was walking out the door after being told the baby was 12+ lbs and I would be having a c-section the next day I walked out the door, and my OB smacked me on the ass as I passed by.....the other patients in the waiting room couldnt believe my dr was smacking me on the butt...my hubby thought the whole thing was hilarious...mind you this dr is a family friend and I have been seeing him for over 15 years...

#187877 10/22/10 02:15 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
when my doctor was finally was going to speak to my insurance company about prescribing me humira. As I was leaving she said you remember you the side effects: "Death, destruction, and all that fun stuff."

Diagnosed: ankylosing spondylitis Feb '10, Crohn's Nov '09, GERD Aug '09, Scleritis May '08, Scoliosis '92
HLA-b27 negative
Surgery: Scoliosis Spinal fusion July '99
Current Meds: Humira, Asacol, Reglan, Dexilant, Tramadol, Maalox, and Xibrom (Bromfenac).
No more sulfasalazine and Iron
outlier #187878 10/22/10 02:26 AM
T
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
I went to a psychiatrist for a psych evaluation and he told me "The only thing that's wrong with you is you are too smart for your own good and you think too much"

....ummm thanks, I'll get to killing those extra brain cells asap.... *smacks forehead*

Tara, 26yrs old

Suspected AS w/symptoms for at least 10yrs. Psoriasis. Bipolar/Anxiety. Dx Fibromyalgia in 8/2010.

Clomipramine 150mg, Cyclobenzaprine 20mg, Meloxicam 15mg, Lyrica 450mg, Tylenol 1500mg, Latuda 40mg & a benzo of some sort (Xanax/Valium/etc)-None of these drugs really help though
jackieb #187900 10/22/10 02:45 PM
E
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
E
My husband and I took our son for his physical (he was two at the time). I am white and my husband is black...he is also twenty-one years older than I am. To the "untrained eye" (LOL) our son looks white. My (black, older) husband started asking the doctor a question about our (white-looking) son's health when our son started saying, "Dada! Dada!" And the doctor responded to him, "I'm sorry, honey, I don't know where your Daddy is." I still get a chuckle from that.

equusfelix #187915 10/22/10 03:23 PM
S
sequoia
Unregistered
sequoia
Unregistered
S
oh tf, that was fab! thanks for the start to the day...ditto equus

aren't docs wierd? thanks all, s.

jackieb #187978 10/23/10 09:15 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
My internist, upon learning of my dx of AS and knowing about all my other health problems that are never quite what they seem, said I was really complicated. I said "so I'm a challenge?". She said, no you're complicated and patted me on the back.

She's my favorite doc!

garden13 #187991 10/24/10 03:03 PM
N
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
I can't find anything wrong you sure your sick

Niel #187998 10/24/10 04:39 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
This just happened last week - I had to go to the eye dr, but mine was out so I saw the fill in. He looked at me and my chart and said "I thought AS was just a man's disease". I told him, well last time I checked I was still a woman and still have AS! He laughed it off, but really??? Where did he get his license from? wink

Beth
Beth #188023 10/25/10 03:05 AM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
After years of not being able to find a doctor that I could relate to and not have to explain to him what AS was, I found the perfect doctor. A few years back, I was going through one of my many flare ups, when my husband had to take me to the ER for my doctor to come and see me. This particular flare-up was very different then any of the others, as my right side felt like I was paralized and could hardly move. After about 5 hours of tests and CT scans, and finally getting the pain under some control, the doctor came in to talk over the results with us. He was just about done when he and my husband started joking around about what a mess I was. Which they are always doing and usually I join in the fun. But I said something like...and what can I do about this? This is literally a pain in the butt? He said....I agree. What would you like me to do with him (referring to my husband). Through the tears came laughter!!!! I love my doctor!

Wife and mother to 1
Dx with AS in 1973
HLA B-27 Positive
Crohn's Disease
Glaucoma
Meds: Indocin, Sulfasalazine, Folic Acid, Metoprolol, Methotextrate, Lorazepam, Flexeril, Timolol Eye Gel & Pain meds
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard