Have been waiting
#187995 10/24/10 03:29 PM
N
Niel Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
N
Can anyone tell me how long SSD takes to give someone a yes or no I applied in July was told 90 to 120 days called them and all they say is under review wish I knew more

Re: Have been waiting
Niel #188013 10/24/10 11:41 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Did you apply on line? If so, you should have been given an ID number to use on their web site to follow your status...I applied for SSDI last winter and was approved around June...it does take a good while as SS is backlogged...by the way, I was NOT sent an approval letter until well AFTER my acceptance...found out when my bank teller gave me my checking account balance and it was a LOT more than it should have been...went home and looked at my on line banking site and saw the deposit from SSDI...good luck!

Stuart Merenbloom-a 30 year sufferer of AS and still in pain most of the time:).
BigStu #188051 10/25/10 05:56 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
BigStu
Oh that is so good that you didn't have to wait that long to get approved. I have been wiating now for over a year. Been turned down 3 times. Now I am waiting to go before the judge. If you don't mind my asking how severe was your AS? Can people tell that you have something wrong with you?
Thanks!

Mollie
Humira every other week, Morphine 1x3daily, Gabapentin 3x2 daily, Hydrocodone as needed, Cymbalta 1x2 daily, Trazodone 3 at bedtime, Fish Oil, Calcium. Diagnosed around 1985.
StarFire #188138 10/26/10 06:08 PM
N
Niel Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
N
Stuart thanks for info, I applied at SS office July 6 2010, the women there were very helpful they helped me with all app. paper work.
My Doctors are all with me they wanted me to stop working 2yrs ago but I was only 48 and still had family home to feed. I also have other things wrong with me that are on SSD list
Niel

Niel #188840 11/06/10 04:14 AM
R
Disability Attorney & Moderator
Registered Visitor
Disability Attorney & Moderator
Registered Visitor
R
Hi, Niel, StarFire and BigStu. Starfire - the 90-120 days refers to cases at the initial or reconsideration levels of review. Cases at the hearing offices can take well over a year for a hearing, from the date that the request for hearing was filed; the time depends upon the hearing office.

If one wins at the initial or reconsideration level, the first "notice" one may receive of the favorable decision may be extra money in the bank or a Notice of Award explaining the benefits. Sometimes, a more formal decision is issued. At the hearing level, you will receive a written decision from an Administrative Law Judge, or an Attorney Advisor if your claim was paid without the need for a hearing, on the record.

Rich

Disclaimer: Thank you for your questions. Mr. Feingold's comments are offered as a public service, are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice for any specific legal situation or problem that you may have. Please be advised that no attorney-client relationship is created between Richard Feingold and those who post to this website. If you have a legal problem, you should contact an attorney to personally discuss the matter. You may contact Mr. Feingold for resources for finding legal help. Thank you.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard