Next Thread
Print Thread
Looking for support group in Charlotte NC
#190924 12/02/10 03:37 PM
mel2nc Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
I searched this forum list and did not find anything....anyone know of a support group in Charlotte, North Carolina?

Melissa in NC--43 yo working mother of 2 elementary kids and wife to a great hubby!

Dx: AS in 2009, moderately severe uveitis,gastroparesis.

Humira 40mg (twice a month), Methotrexate 20mg, Flexeril, Ibuprofen, Prilosec, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, and anti-inflammatory eye drops.
Re: Looking for support group in Charlotte NC
mel2nc #219480 10/15/11 07:03 PM
D
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
D
Hi there, I'm in Charlotte as well and have not found anything. My very close friend and I (she is 46 and has Lupus and Type I Diabetes) have talked about putting together a group for people with Auto Immune diseases. We do not want it to be a "typical" support group where people sit in a circle and just talk about everything bad, but a group where we can go and do fun things, as well as know you always have someone to call when you are having a bad moment. Let me know if this is something you are interested in.

Deanna

Diagnosed June '11
Symptoms since late teens

Other realizations this year:
Don't take the little things for granted.
You can fire doctors.
It's pretty tough to say "Ankylosing Spondylitis" five times fast even if you know how to pronounce it.
Re: Looking for support group in Charlotte NC
dlwnc #219502 10/16/11 02:37 AM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Looking for a support group in eastern Iowa.

diagnosed with undiff spondy in 2008. Tried Enbrel for two years-became ineffective. Currently on Humira.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard