Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Do you use walking aids?
Spenser23 #202357 03/22/11 09:12 PM
N
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
N
Thank you all for your input and wonderful suggestions!!! I do use a cane, quite frequently, and it seems to help take pressure off my knees and hips, and helps when I am standing too long and can't sit. It also makes me feel more stable/comfortable in public too since I don't so much trust my body anymore. :-\

Spenser...my husband is always nervous when he's being a wise guy that I will use my cane as an offensive weapon! Makes him be kinder to me! ha..ha..

norskegirl74 #202366 03/22/11 10:12 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I occasionally use a cane that I had fitted when I had my knees replaced. I use it when my knee is hurting or when one of my ankles flares up. I try to keep it in the trunk of my car so that it is available if I need it. I have bought a second cane for in the house, but I haven't shortened it yet. They are nice to have if I am feeling a bit shaky and need help with my balance.

Donna
Suffering since a teenager.Dx with AS Dec 2009. Dx with ulcerative colitis 1998, both knees replaced 2006. GP said I had "some kind of inflammatory arthritis" 25 years ago. It has taken 50 years to get a Dx.

Mobic, Nexium, Naproxin, Lipitor, 6-MP, Nexium, Miacalcam, MSContin and 2 Norco for break through pain
avonldy #202399 03/23/11 09:41 AM
S
sound_dizzy
Unregistered
sound_dizzy
Unregistered
S
i actually have to use a walker because AS really took its toll on me for a year that i had no medical insurance. fused me up real nice in my hips and my SI joints. so with all that time i wasnt moving around as much my muscles got weaker. if i didnt have a walker i wouldnt be able to move around on my own.

it is getting better each day where i put less and less support on my walker since i started taking humira a week and half ago. i want it to be friday already so i can take my next shot because i can kind of feel it wearing off. i hope it builds up in my sytem though so eventually i wont feel it wearing off so soon.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard