Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Paleo Diet
Banana #207457 05/09/11 11:04 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Originally Posted By: Banana
Thank goodness the nightshade one has been proven wrong.

Anna

Can you expound on this one?? I'm testing out my nightshade tolerance right now. I have a pretty severe reaction to raw potatoes both contact and ingested. I get hives on my face and my throat closes up. I wear gloves to peel and cut the potatoes and I have someone else taste to see if they are done.
With tomatoes the roof of my mouth itches or I get canker sores.

DX: USpA 2007 Off of all meds... Using a Real Foods diet with some supplements (AREncap, BioGest, Betacol, Borage oil, White Willow bark, Boswellia)

Re: The Paleo Diet
lynnelott #263940 01/29/14 05:45 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I am actually on the autoimmune version of Paleo: autoimmune protocol (AIP). If you want to go Paleo, it needs to be AIP for us. There is science showing that autoimmune problems happen because of leaky gut (though it's not the only factor).

Paleo introduces food that heals the gut and provides complete nutrition, while eliminating triggers and gut-damaging food. I've been on it about three weeks now. Some people feel noticeably better after a month, and others after three months or sometimes longer. It can depend on how much your body is damaged. I will probably give it several months. It's very restricted, and you cannot cheat. I planned on writing a thread about it after I've been on it longer.

Look up Robb Wolf and the Paleo Mom for lots of info. I'm following the book Practical Paleo, which has a diet section specifically for autoimmune. The Paleo Mom just released a book all about autoimmune and Paleo. She sites thousands of scientific sources. I say go for it. It's a very healthy option, unlike trying yet another possibly scary med. Go all in if you do it. Good luck!

Edit: This topic was on the front page, but now I see that there wasn't a recent comment before mine. Strange.

Last edited by Amers; 01/29/14 05:48 PM.

Amy

27 years old
AS diagnosis 2013; neck pain for seven or eight years, and spreading multiple-joint pain for about two years
Also: Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's, hypoglycemia, Raynaud's phenomenon
Meds: Remicade, Norco (10-325 mg), Gabapentin, allergy shots, Prozac, Synthroid (25-50 mcg)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard