Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What helps me feel better....
north #211533 06/29/11 02:29 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Jdog- Love your list! I agree with most of the suggestions made by everyone.

John, I have tried the fast and can not do it. Maybe it's a female thing? I get weak and dizzy to the point of almost fainting - have started to black out a few times until I sit down, head down. I have done the apple diet for an extended time. Seemed to help somewhat.

North, I haven't tried extra B6 or carnitine. Maybe I'll give them a try.

I would say that #5 for me has been the hardest and the most pivotal in changing the way I feel everyday. My sweet hubby brings me coffee and "breakfast" in bed (fruit, no prep required) most days then I am up and out. I have to FORCE myself up most days, and I moan and groan as I put on workout clothes. Then I walk the dogs (they are old so we mostly stop and smell the roses) or else get straight on the elliptical machine or stationary bike.

I do not set the world on fire with my vigor when I work out. It's kind of pathetic to watch. But I move, and it really helps for the rest of the day.

I also have found that #5 is a biggie. As others have said, my hubby knows I hurt pretty much all the time. No need to remind us both constantly.

I would also add to the list that I pause several times during the day to reflect on what I've accomplished that day, no matter how minor, to celebrate what I have done: Folded the clean underwear- Hooray! Walk to the mailbox - Awesome! Reloaded the toilet paper roll - Wowee! Corny I know, but I try to focus on what I have done, rather than what I haven't.

Female, age 47, B-27 Neg. USpA, Sjogren's, EDS III, Fibromyalgia, etc. etc..
Meds: Actemra, Mtx inj., Prednisone 2 mg (trying to taper off), Celexa, Lyrica, Folic Acid, Calcium, Magnesium, Vit. D. Diet: Dairy free, Wheat free, Potato free, low starch.

north #211553 06/29/11 07:43 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
I loved #9--I had to learn the same lesson. I kept trying to keep up with friends and their workouts--for years! Finally I found yoga and now HOT YOGA--my new love! I agree, I have enough pain and the weight training just adds to it. Although I know I need some --I do light weights. Walking or the eliptical not running or high impact classes. Now if I could just get my husband to move to Texas (my home state) so I could stay warm year round I would be all set! Thanks for sharing!

seekonk #211926 07/05/11 05:07 AM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
That's what I do and then wake up about 12:00 exhausted! I find if I take one before I go to sleep, not as bad in the am..

Samson #211995 07/05/11 11:52 PM
E
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
E
North- what is carnitine? An OTC herb/vitamin? Forgive me if that's something everyone should know. But if you say it gives good sleep, darnit I'm taking it.

Emmie-23 y.o. HLA-B27+ Lyme+: April '09
Dx: Spondyloarthritis May '10.
Waiting on Humira, Diclofenac 2x daily, Neurontin or Percocet PRN
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard