Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Not sure
#211486 06/28/11 05:22 PM
nisey Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
I've been having GI symptoms for a while now. Ever since I got home from the hospital and got things moving again I have had diahrea. Now for the past two days I have been running a low grade fever (around 100). I have no other symptoms. I'm not sure what to think. Fever in general equals infection. Could it just be inflammation? I am not in a flare at this time other than the GI issues. Anyone have any ideas what this might be? Should I contact the doc or is that overkill? I hate to bother them with every little thing. I am on Enbrel and methotrexate so an infection is possible but not sure where it would be since I am having no other symptoms.

I'd be glad for some feedback as to what it may be and if I should be concerned.

Blessings,
Nisey

It is what it is!
Re: Not sure
nisey #211489 06/28/11 06:19 PM
N
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
A low grade fever does not always indicate infection. It could be caused by inflammation, hormonal fluctuation, or a variety of other factors. If you have no other symptoms, personally I would hold off on calling the doctor. You should call the Rheumatologist if is persists for more then a week, symptoms develop, or it is time for your next MTX or Enbrel injection. Just curious, if you have no other symptoms, what prompted you to take your temperature???

*Edited to add: Of course, you should also call the doctor if it increases above "low grade".

Last edited by NotMeToo; 06/28/11 06:37 PM. Reason: add info

Not Me Too!
NotMeToo #211493 06/28/11 06:53 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I get fevers especially low ones for all sorts of reason. When i had a flair up last summer i had a fever around that temp for several months. Did your fever just start? if it's new (or new to the doc) call the doc not a over reaction.

Diagnosed: ankylosing spondylitis Feb '10, Crohn's Nov '09, GERD Aug '09, Scleritis May '08, Scoliosis '92
HLA-b27 negative
Surgery: Scoliosis Spinal fusion July '99
Current Meds: Humira, Asacol, Reglan, Dexilant, Tramadol, Maalox, and Xibrom (Bromfenac).
No more sulfasalazine and Iron
outlier #211497 06/28/11 09:01 PM
nisey Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
I took my temp because I was sweating profusely and my husband was cold. We were arguing over the air conditioner being on. I looked at the inside temp and it was 72 and I had sweat pouring off me. That was last night. Same thing today. Oh well, just another weird spondy symptom to add to the list! wink Thanks guys!

Blessings,
Nisey

It is what it is!
nisey #211502 06/28/11 11:37 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Nisey, I'm the same way. I'm trying to do my hair this morning, my air is set at 73. I literally have to stop and blow my forehead every few minutes just to keep it dry enough to finish my hair with spray. Its very frustrating! It always hits me in my head and neck area the worst. Literally pour sweat when others are cool. AND its not menopause, Everything's been surgically removed many years ago. I figure it has to be from inflammation. Can't think of any other reason.

Ann
HLAB27+
62 years old flexeril, tramadol, tramadol er, percocet, lidoderm patch, flector patch, voltaren gel + other meds for other conditions + lots of vitamins

aslee9 #211513 06/29/11 01:04 AM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Nisey I would say you know your own body best. If your feeling ill sick and the temp is still "low grade" I personally would call the doc. I have soldiered on only to land myself in the hospital! With a low temp.
On the other side of that wasn't someone just discussing how prednisone can cause the "sweats"? Truly you are the best judge. Hope your feeling better (at least cooler!) soon!

lori
diagnosed USpA Nov 2010. Changed to As 2012. Low Vit D
suffered since teenager multiple surgeries.IBS, Migraines, carpal and tarsal tunnel, TMJ, (failed Enbrel& Humira),Started Remicade sept. 2012,Methotrexate,Prednisone,Relafen, Amitriptylin,Gabapentin, Fioricet, Topamax,,Protonix,Amlodipine, Vit. D, Folic acid,
ancient #211525 06/29/11 03:40 AM
nisey Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Ann,

I know just what you're saying. I was sitting there in front of the air conditioner mopping my face with tissues. My hair was soaked. If this is what I have to look forward to in menopause then I think I'll skip it! wink

Lori,

I'm not feeling ill although the constant diahrea is very annoying. I'm afraid to go anywhere where I can't get to a bathroom if I need it. I'll be glad when the tests are done and we can figure out what is going on! I'm not on pred. so that's not it. Thanks for the well wishes. For now I guess I'll assume it's just another fun thing to add to my list of ailments! smile

Blessings,
Nisey

It is what it is!
nisey #211527 06/29/11 04:00 AM
N
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
quote - "I'm not feeling ill although the constant diahrea is very annoying."

The loose-bowel thing is annoying!!
Best to eliminate the possibility of a food cause. Do you have trouble with a food intolerance like lactose? or a mild case of listeria from warm food?
It means an irritation from something in the bowel.
With AS the assumption is naturally the Klebsiella microbe.
Perhaps a trial of not eating starch for a while might help.
It gets confusing. I find walking fast will bring a normal temperature one day and a high one another.
I am sure if you kept alert and did a few tests, you might figure it out.

North
PreAS = STARCHfree, yoghurt, ,, meat , vitE, niacinamide,B complex
CARNITINE, B6
Fibro = antiviral, MAGNESIUM /B6
Arthritis in fingers = no potato fam. plants
Candour & laws differ from place to place
north #211528 06/29/11 04:27 AM
nisey Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Yep North. Diahrea has moved down the list to annoying. wink It used to be very high on my list until I had so many other things happen to me that were BAD. I am currently seeing a gastro. They will be doing a colonoscopy July 12. I had a recent GI bleed after having 18 days of constipation. I am hopeful that we will find some answers. This all has been going on for a long time and I need to get it taken care of now.

Thanks for being concerned about me. I appreciate everyones advice and opinions. The gastro I am seeing is a great guy and I am very confident he will leave no stone unturned to find out what is going on.

God bless,
Nisey

It is what it is!
nisey #211529 06/29/11 04:44 AM
H
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
H
Sort of off the subject... I read an article from Discover Magazine about a woman who was on so many antibiotics that it killed most of her good bacteria. She had severe chronic diarrhea and lost 60 pounds in eight months. Nothing worked. As a last ditched effort her doctor did a fecal transplant. He took a small sample of her husband's stool mixed it with saline and injected it into her colon. Within 24 hours her diarrhea had stopped and in a few days her inflamed colon symptoms were gone. His good bacteria replaced the void left in her colon by the antibiotics. Not saying this is your answer but I found it interesting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard