Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: well now, heart problems?
KimD592 #219314 10/13/11 11:43 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
Ah I see. Sorry s. I misunderstood the sequence/details. Didn't realize you had a wonky valve frown I hope you get all the tests done soon and that they come back showing nothing to worry about!!

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
JenInCincy #219316 10/13/11 11:55 PM
S
sequoia
Unregistered
sequoia
Unregistered
S
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000179.htm

i guess it is called aortic insufficiency, which balloons the valve and then it doesn't close properly.

this citation shows a cause of AS for the aorta insufficiency, which causes a murmur (i guess) because that is what the doc put on the referral form for the cardiac u/s and listed AS as the cause.

great n'est ce pas?

will the party never end???

s.

KimD592 #219327 10/14/11 02:30 AM
H
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
H
Sequoia,
Sorry to hear of your heart issues and hope your echoe shows no problems. I have asked others on an older thread about others who might be suffering from heart issues as I do. I have read alot of studies and theres nothing really concrete on any correlation between AS and Heart problems. A little background info. I have been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy or diseased left ventricle about a year ago. Normal ejection fraction rate is 55-60% and mine was 35%. I am on an ACE inhibitor and Blood psi meds on top of all my AS meds (Enbrel, MTX, Tolmetin, Cymbalta). My cardiologists is not sure why this has happened or if AS is related and as I am not considered really old yet at 47 to develop such an advance stage of heart disease. I have had coronary cathertization and all was clear so that was a relief to find out. I get regular blood work and echoes every 6 months. I also have a skipped beat or arrythmia as I found out many people have this. I hope all goes well for you and goodluck.

hockeydad #219332 10/14/11 04:02 AM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Very interesting, because my last echocardiogram showed mild aortic insufficiency. At that point my cardiologist said it was nothing to be concerned about.

Kim - age 33, married with 3 children
DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, HLA B27+
Meds: Otezla, Naproxen PRN, Prednisone PRN
#219377 10/14/11 03:17 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
s. - that is VERY interesting. I am wondering if this is actually what my mom has. Her mother and sister both had valve replacements... I wonder if there is any common cause. (Grandma had many comorbidities - morbid obesity, uncontrolled diabetes, CHF, longstanding hypertension and hyperlipidemia, etc... ) I'm going to pass on that Medscape page to my mom.

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
JenInCincy #219420 10/14/11 10:29 PM
S
sequoia
Unregistered
sequoia
Unregistered
S
i got my appointment for next tuesday, 18th at 1pm

also, jen, i believe my dad had the AS, and my brother as well. bro is stupidly suffering, needlessly, in my opinion. he refuses to admit he has his sister's dx. what a hoot. he couldn't even move his spine at the wedding. funny dancer. my dad had heart valve problems, as well as achilles tendon "spurs". i don't know if they had this dx in the 1960's, but that is certainly when my dad was going through all his spine, foot, and calf problems.

you, too, might have it in your family.
will update next week, s.

thanks hockeydad and whips for your good wishes. and thanks everyone else for your personal stories.

Last edited by sequoia; 10/14/11 10:30 PM.
#219444 10/15/11 04:30 AM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Best of luck to you, and keep us posted!

Kim - age 33, married with 3 children
DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, HLA B27+
Meds: Otezla, Naproxen PRN, Prednisone PRN
KimD592 #219481 10/15/11 07:05 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
sequoia,

I'm so sorry that you have this going on now. You've had enough to deal with without adding this on to it! I am praying for you! They always tell me that I have abnormal heart rhythms. I've been told they are PVC's by one doc and told it was a bundle block issue by another. No one seems too concerned so I guess it's not gonna kill me right away. wink

Anyway, please keep us posted and I will be sending prayers and lots of love your way!
Blessings,
Nisey

It is what it is!
nisey #219482 10/15/11 07:25 PM
P
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
P
I hope you get good news on Tuesday. I will be looking for your update. I wish you didn't have to have this additional worry.

Brenda

undifferentiated spondyloarthropy, HLA-B27+, iritis, Vit D3: 6000 IU/day, trochanter bursitis, Joint Hypermobility Syndrome, migraines, SI joint dysfunction/hypermobility, DDD L4/L5 and L3/L4, straightening of cervical spine, impaired glucose tolerance, sleep apnea.
KimD592 #219500 10/16/11 02:23 AM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
I had an irregular heartbeat brought to my attention one day that I was donating blood. Nurse told me I had an irregular heartbeat and should have it checked out. Had a full cardio work-up, with no concern from the cardiologist stating that I was really non-symptomatic and it was probably stress related! Diagnosed with AS about 5 years later. Was on enbrel for two years with some releif but it became in-effective. Been on Humira for a year now and feeling pretty good.

Any chance my AS could be causing the irregular heartbeat?

diagnosed with undiff spondy in 2008. Tried Enbrel for two years-became ineffective. Currently on Humira.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard