Need a good Dr in HB california
#227683 02/18/12 12:41 AM
S
sheila Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Diagnosed about 10 years ago just started having bad problems Dr put me on sulfazine I have been so sick to my stomach.How long does it take to find the right meds?I'm in alot of pain and feel like I'm going to puke all the time.

Re: Need a good Dr in HB california
sheila #227797 02/20/12 03:55 AM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
I had wonderful results from diclofenac. Although, I am looking for a good doctor in Seattle area, the medicine he first prescribed has definitely worked. Because this med has so many long term side effects in literature, I have tried to reduce by 1/2 the amount i take per day. i always take with meals and neither dose has bothered my stomach. The effect I get from 1/2 dose on reducing inflamation and pain is about 1/2 as effective.

barbara66 #227850 02/20/12 09:54 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
Today my rheumatologist said I am negative for HLA-B27 done by a previous doctor who also found me positive for R.A. factor. This rheumotologist redid the R.A. test which came out negative with his lab(U. of Wash.)after a positive from previous lab, but trusted previous lab's tests for HLA-B27 which came out negative. I also asked for an x-ray to see if my spine had fused and he said only if the physical therapy does not work. He did, however, give me blood work for kidney and liver function as I am on diclofenac which I thought was a good precaution. i am just wondering, for those who have been diagnosed with spondylitis, what tests do your rheumotoligists give you before the diagnosis and expecially to see if it is ankylosing spondylisis?

barbara66 #228884 03/05/12 10:12 PM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Sheila I live in HB (Huntington Beach) CA. Is this the same HB you are referring to or are you in Hermosa Beach?

If your in Huntington Beach, I would highly recommend my Rheumatologist, Dr. Christine Thai. She is a Doctors' Doctor. Her office is at the Hoag Health Center at Beach Blvd.and Yorktown

Sounds like you need to stop using the Sulfa. It made my Grandmother feel the same way as you.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard