Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I finally got a fully favorable decision for ssdi
#234358 06/01/12 07:53 PM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
It took me two years exactly. I hired an advocate after my 2nd denial. She went with me to court. I didn't know you can hire an advocate in the beginning. I was attempting to work with a lawyer who said she wouldn't take my case until the 2nd denial. But then she refused me as a client. But it worked out. My advocate was great. I wouldn't recommend filing for ssdi without help.

I get two years of back pay and will be medicare eligible.

So it's a huge stress relief.

It was a grueling process. I hear the younger you are the more difficult it is.

Just thought I'd share my experience here.

AS July 2010
Failed remicade and humira | Now trying enbrel
mom to 1 daughter
Re: I finally got a fully favorable decision for ssdi
serena70 #234361 06/01/12 08:56 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Congrats Serena, so happy for you. Great information, thanks so much for sharing it. Would you mind telling me how you went about finding an advocate, I know at some point I will have to start the process as it is getting harder and harder to work. Thanks much and again, congrats on your success.

S. Elizabeth

Dx AS in 04' HLA-B27 positive, Chronic Uveitis, Raynauds.
Humira wkly, Mtx inject wkly, Soma, Hydrocodone. Tried Remicade, allergic reactions so back to Humira

Humira wkly, MX wkly, Folic Acid, Navanac daily, Vicoprophen PRN, Flexeril, recently failed Remicade, back on Humira wkly.
serena70 #234378 06/02/12 12:17 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Congrats! i know how it can feel to wait ...( but you had to wait alot longer then ,so you had it harder). And yes i wrote about get an advocate to help you from the bengining in my earlyer post in this forum,they can help alot.smittygirl50 if you go back just a few post i wrote about where you can find an avocate, i belive i added a link in that post to the web site where i found someone to be my avocate.
Congrats agin to you serena70 i glad to hear you are getting the help you need,i'ev been in your boat before so i too know how hard it can be to wait till you get it

41 year old single Dad (yup really have raised my daugther on my own since she was 16 months old)
diagnosed with A.S. in 2002 but had it since i was 23,thats when the back pain started in my S.I. joints since then got alot worst & all so been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and posibly secondary Sjögren’s syndrome,HLA-B27+, iritis,SI joint fusion in both and bad rib fusion
serena70 #234384 06/02/12 03:09 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Thanks very much padrake!

S. Elizabeth

Humira wkly, Mtx inject wkly, Soma, Hydrocodone. Tried Remicade, allergic reactions so back to Humira

Humira wkly, MX wkly, Folic Acid, Navanac daily, Vicoprophen PRN, Flexeril, recently failed Remicade, back on Humira wkly.
serena70 #234393 06/02/12 06:08 PM
R
Disability Attorney & Moderator
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
Very pleased for you, smittygirl50!

Rich

Disclaimer: Thank you for your questions. Mr. Feingold's comments are offered as a public service, are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice for any specific legal situation or problem that you may have. Please be advised that no attorney-client relationship is created between Richard Feingold and those who post to this website. If you have a legal problem, you should contact an attorney to personally discuss the matter. You may contact Mr. Feingold for resources for finding legal help. Thank you.
serena70 #234408 06/03/12 12:32 AM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
smittygirl - my advocate was recommended to me by vocational rehab.

If you want to keep working I would check them out. They can help you make accommodations.

AS July 2010
Failed remicade and humira | Now trying enbrel
mom to 1 daughter
serena70 #234429 06/03/12 04:34 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Glad to hear of your favorable SSA decision.

I've been on SSDI in past, not always easy to get on the first try!

weatherseeker, age 51 y.o., moved recently to CA, Bay Area. On Humira, Indocin CR twice daily, azulfidine, flexeril at night as needed. Vicodin once daily if needed. Yoga, pilates, Y membership.
serena70 #234430 06/03/12 04:49 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Thanks Serena!

S. Elizabeth

serena70 #235483 06/25/12 01:16 AM
R
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
Right; not easy.

Rich

Disclaimer: Thank you for your questions. Mr. Feingold's comments are offered as a public service, are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice for any specific legal situation or problem that you may have. Please be advised that no attorney-client relationship is created between Richard Feingold and those who post to this website. If you have a legal problem, you should contact an attorney to personally discuss the matter. You may contact Mr. Feingold for resources for finding legal help. Thank you.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard