Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anyone take Tramadol &/or Trazadone and Flexeril?
#234532 06/05/12 03:27 AM
B
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Just wondering if anyone is taking these together. It looks like there is a precaution with sleeping pills and narcotics with Flexeril so I wanted to get advice. My dr. is good and I know she would not give it to me if I could not use it but just looking for reassurance.

Sharon, 38 year old mom to a 5 year old and 3 year old twins. Diagnosed Undifferentiated Spondylitis 04/12. HLA-B27 negative. Currently switching from Gabapentin and Cymbalta to Savella; also taking Humira, Trazadone, Cyclobenzaprene, Vit D and Tramadol.
Re: Anyone take Tramadol &/or Trazadone and Flexeril?
britta75 #234534 06/05/12 03:34 AM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
I just started taking Flexeril and asked my pharmacist if there were any contraindications taking it with Tramadol and there are none. You can also go onto Walgreens website and use their drug interaction guide to look up which medications you can and cannot take together.

S. Elizabeth

Dx AS in 04' HLA-B27 positive, Chronic Uveitis, Raynauds.
Humira wkly, Mtx inject wkly, Soma, Hydrocodone. Tried Remicade, allergic reactions so back to Humira

Humira wkly, MX wkly, Folic Acid, Navanac daily, Vicoprophen PRN, Flexeril, recently failed Remicade, back on Humira wkly.
britta75 #234547 06/05/12 03:26 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
I have taken them together. Per my pain doc who rx'd them and the pharmacist I trust, it was OK to take together, which I did. The trazodone didn't add value so I wasn't on it long, but I never had any problems.

Trazodone can help with sleep and is often prescribed off-label for that purpose (as it was in my case) but it's not technically a "sleeping pill." It is an antidepressant.

Remember too that the term "narcotic" is very non-specific. It literally means a drug that makes you sleepy. When referring to morphine and its derivatives (natural and sythethetic) a more precise term is "opioids." All opioids are narcotics but not all narcotics are opioids.

I haven't seen the Walgreens site but drugs.com also has a comprehensive encyclopedia of potential drug interactions.

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
britta75 #234556 06/05/12 09:36 PM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
They would usually put a precaution on using any two drugs that might cause drowsiness together, as the effects could be cumulative. It would probably only be a problem if you were needing to be alert or operating machinery, etc.

Cauda equina type neurogenic bladder problems. Coeliac disease. Sicca syndrome. Ataxic gait and use crutches. Non-specific gut problems. Current treatment: Low dose naltrexone, low starch diet (Guts shredded by NSAIDs. Previously diclofenac worked well, not eligible for anti-tnfs, hypersensitivity to SSZ). Also short bursts of pred for bad flares
britta75 #234557 06/05/12 11:10 PM
T
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
I take tramadol and flexeril together. They were prescribed by my rheumy, and neither he nor my pharmacist has questioned this.

41 y/o female, diagnosed RA 2009, sacroiliitis, peripheral arthritis, most major joints involved, HLA-B27- but suspect AS or spondylitis, Raynaud's, GERD, currently taking Orencia sub-Q, Mtx via injection, citalopram, omeprazole, tramadol, Cyclobenzaprine.

2012 - diagnosed with colitis and iritis and seronegative arthritis.

Failed - Enbrel (stopped working after 10 months), Humira (no effect) and Remicade (failed after two years).

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard