Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ry's 6 month checkup
#237960 08/01/12 05:27 PM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
So, after the only pediatric rheumy in town buggered off to Yale, we had to meet with new doc today. Nice enough but I'm not exactly impressed either. She didn't exactly wow me with her knowledge of JAs.... Although she was impressed with Ry's flexibility (thank you mobic, yoga, and an astronomical hot water bill)!!

I was a bit concerned by his heart rate...they checked it twice and it was only 48! I know he's an athlete, but really? That seemed a bit low to me. She seemed to think it was ok. Am I being overly concerned here?

Kim: finishing the PhD SOMETIME in 2013! Dx'd with Undifferentiated Spondyloropathy (officially!) in October 2010 and gastroperesis in August 2011, now adding Sjorgren's and VERTIGO to the mix. Mom to 1 daughter with AS (on FULL disability), and 2 sons with UDiff (1 a graphic designer-freelance and 1 an elite level soccer player). Taking Enbrel (Oct. 2012) and Sulfasalezine (spring? 2011)
Re: Ry's 6 month checkup
Soccerdocmom #238570 08/11/12 12:32 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
What did you decide to do about his heart rate? It seems low to me, too.

Re: Ry's 6 month checkup
Soccerdocmom #238587 08/11/12 05:30 PM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Right now the docs are just happy with it. I still take it periodically and it seems to stay right in the 50 range. Although it is interesting that mine is relatively low for NOT being an athlete, blood pressure is ok, and body temp is normally lower too (as is Ryan's). My dad had no clue what my heart rate was as an athletic kid, other than " fast enough to keep you alive apparently" LOL!!!!
Thanks for asking!

Kim: finishing the PhD SOMETIME in 2013! Dx'd with Undifferentiated Spondyloropathy (officially!) in October 2010 and gastroperesis in August 2011, now adding Sjorgren's and VERTIGO to the mix. Mom to 1 daughter with AS (on FULL disability), and 2 sons with UDiff (1 a graphic designer-freelance and 1 an elite level soccer player). Taking Enbrel (Oct. 2012) and Sulfasalezine (spring? 2011)

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard