Next Thread
Print Thread
I Spoke Too Soon....
#240020 09/05/12 05:03 AM
Dobeigh Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Every time I think I'm getting better, the next day comes and I feel terrible. My back is killing me today and yesterday I was just saying how great I felt. This is so upsetting, I can't stand it! I had clinical today and my back was killing me so bad, I almost cried. I laid down after clinical with my heating pad and took a hot bath and I felt a little better so I went to work. I'm at work now and my back is killing me again. I forgot all my meds at home but luckily someone had Ibuprofen so I took 800mg, which isn't helping. I'm going to go home at lunch time and grab my heating pad bc this is too much! I'm astonished at the huge difference from yesterday. I just got over a bad flare up and here I go again! I can't take this! I know I've only had 5 injections of my enbrel but I'm ready for it work NOW!! And I was just going on yesterday on this forum and to my husband how good I've been doing! I shouldn't have said anything at all. UGH!

Kay (28 years old)
Diagnosis: Ankylosing Spondylitis (January 23, 2012), HLA-B27+, Fibromyalgia (July 27, 2012)
Current Medications: Enbrel, Flexeril, Prilosec, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Savella, Zanaflex, Zoloft, Neurontin.
Re: I Spoke Too Soon....
Dobeigh #240021 09/05/12 05:18 AM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
So sorry to hear that Kay. Do you think maybe you're doing more/using muscles differently because you've been feeling better and maybe just overdid it? That happened to me when I started feeling good with the humira. You did mention standing for eight hours, which sounds like quite alot...

I also found that the humira would start to wear off before it was time for the next injection. Especially near the beginning when it hadn't built up in my system. When is your next embrel due?

Shirley
Peripheral and axial AS diagnosed October 2011 aged 50, more than 15 years after the symptoms started. Also PCOS, GERD/oesophagitis/dysphagia, IBS, asthma,chronic rhinitis. Taking enbrel, methotrexate, folic acid, omeprazole, vitamin D, metformin, steroid inhaler and eating low starch/low GI.
Dobeigh #240022 09/05/12 06:30 AM
Dobeigh Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
It's due tomorrow. That might be why!

Kay (28 years old)
Diagnosis: Ankylosing Spondylitis (January 23, 2012), HLA-B27+, Fibromyalgia (July 27, 2012)
Current Medications: Enbrel, Flexeril, Prilosec, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Savella, Zanaflex, Zoloft, Neurontin.
Dobeigh #240034 09/05/12 08:52 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Sorry you're hurting, Kay. I can totally relate though. I've had a couple bad flares this past month and just before each one I was feeling pretty good. It's like you make all this progress only to land straight back at square one.

Mike / 35yo / HLA-B27+ / diagnosed with AS march 2012 / Dermatographic Urticaria since 2017
FODMAP diet, Enbrel, Meloxicam, Tramadol PRN, Xolair for chronic hives.
Dobeigh #240038 09/05/12 10:36 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Wow that sounds like my life! I feel you. I stood for 7 hrs straight at work yesterday and I had just started to feel better. Then today the pain is back again. Went bday shopping for my baby girl and have had to put my feet up for the past three hours because my knees swelled so bad. We only shopped for an hour!! I'm so tired of this taking control of my life. I have also been on enbrel, just did my 4th injection yesterday and I agreed with you I AM SO READY FOR IT TO WORK!! good luck and I hope we are all feeling better soon. The weather here has been changing a lot, this is my first fall season since my dx and obvious problems besides back pain. Stay strong girl.

Jamie, 29, mother of a wild 3 year old, wife of super supportive college student husband, dx with fibro, IA, spondoloarthropalthy, depression, anxiety. HLA-B27 positive. First sign of IA spondo in 1999, first fibro attack/flare up in 2010. taking sulfasalzine, enbrel, neurontin, hydrocodone, buspirone, celexa, zanaflex, xanax. Wanting my body back!

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard