Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My roommate FROZE my Cimzia...
Prana_Ferox #241931 10/12/12 02:57 AM
W
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
W
Originally Posted By: Prana_Ferox
......My roommate just doesn't get it. She gets that she ruined something expensive, but she doesn't really understand how important my medication is to my day to day functioning........

I hope she is not studying nursing frown

Prana_Ferox #241933 10/12/12 04:09 AM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I hope your roommate learns to keep her hands off other peoples things. I would ban her from any access to your fridge. If she wants to keep her soda cold, she should buy her own fridge. I am shocked that people have no respect for other peoples things.

I am so glad that your Cimzia will be replaced.

Donna
Suffering since a teenager.Dx with AS Dec 2009. Dx with ulcerative colitis 1998, both knees replaced 2006. GP said I had "some kind of inflammatory arthritis" 25 years ago. It has taken 50 years to get a Dx.

Mobic, Nexium, Naproxin, Lipitor, 6-MP, Nexium, Miacalcam, MSContin and 2 Norco for break through pain
Prana_Ferox #241936 10/12/12 10:10 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Yay! Doing a happy dance for ya. I can actually do a happy dance today because my SIJ injection finally kicked in after 8 days.

-Jenn. SAHM with 4 kids. Diagnosed with AS('08) Psoriasis, probable Sjogrens(won't do lip biopsy), Fibromyalgia, Chiari Malformation, PCOS, endometriosis, diabetes(type 1), metabolic syndrome, mild hypothyroidism...
Remicade & MTX.

*I am in no way associated with the medical profession other than doing my best to keep them in business. Any advice I give is purely my own opinion and should not be substituted for qualified professional care.
Prana_Ferox #241938 10/12/12 02:31 PM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Hi I'm a new to this site and also just took my first Cimzia injection. I previously was on Humira but failed after a short amount of time. Anyone have any pros or cons? How fast does it work?I am desperate for relief of any kind

Prana_Ferox #241941 10/12/12 02:51 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
That is AWESOME, so glad they did!

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
Kim30 #241949 10/12/12 03:28 PM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Kim30 -
welcome here. Your first message may get a bit lost tucked into this message thread, so it would be great if you could start a new message topic to introduce yourself and ask any questions you have. Go back to the main list of topics and click on the little on the left just above the message topics that says "new topic" - put something in the subject line to indicate you are new here, and then tell us more.

Cauda equina type neurogenic bladder problems. Coeliac disease. Sicca syndrome. Ataxic gait and use crutches. Non-specific gut problems. Current treatment: Low dose naltrexone, low starch diet (Guts shredded by NSAIDs. Previously diclofenac worked well, not eligible for anti-tnfs, hypersensitivity to SSZ). Also short bursts of pred for bad flares
New to forum & Cimzia.
Prana_Ferox #241959 10/12/12 04:12 PM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
I just started Cimzia & would like any information from others.Pros or Cons

Re: New to forum & Cimzia.
Prana_Ferox #241971 10/12/12 07:48 PM
P
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
P
Hey Kim! I started Cimzia after Enbrel and Humira both stopped working for me. The drug company gave me the first three months free since it wasn't approved for AS to see how it worked for me. I LOVE it! I find that doing a shot every other week is perfect. The injections are much less painful than Enbrel and Humira. So far I haven't been too immunosuppressed or had any illness while on it. I have pretty severe disease so I still have some enthesitis, but I'm finding that Cimzia works really well for me. I definitely felt improvement in a month.

It is all individual, of course. But I hope it works this well for you! I always let mine sit out for about 30 minutes before injecting, which makes it much less painful.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard