Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
First Enbrel injection
#242916 10/27/12 05:22 PM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Well, it didn't take as long as I thought to get it all approved. I even got the Enbrel co-pay support (which is WONDERFUL since my co-pay is $200!!!!) It's been an obnoxiously stressful week at work and getting all the insurance stuff done, sick (big) kid at home who won't let me near him, even though it's obvious he wants his "mommy", because he is afraid of me getting sick...he's a trooper :-) Now we're hunkering down for a hurricane/monster storm to strike. In a warped way I'm hoping for a few days of no power just to get a break from work and some rest! Obviously, without all the damage and loss of life....

Thanks for all the support and advice! It's been reassuring to hear that this was "normal" to go through to get the meds approved.

Kim: finishing the PhD SOMETIME in 2013! Dx'd with Undifferentiated Spondyloropathy (officially!) in October 2010 and gastroperesis in August 2011, now adding Sjorgren's and VERTIGO to the mix. Mom to 1 daughter with AS (on FULL disability), and 2 sons with UDiff (1 a graphic designer-freelance and 1 an elite level soccer player). Taking Enbrel (Oct. 2012) and Sulfasalezine (spring? 2011)
Re: First Enbrel injection
Soccerdocmom #242926 10/27/12 11:19 PM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Glad to hear that everything went better than expected with getting the Enbrel approved for you. I hope that it works well! I am in PA and everyone here is panicking about the hurricane.

Kim - age 33, married with 3 children
DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, HLA B27+
Meds: Otezla, Naproxen PRN, Prednisone PRN
Soccerdocmom #242928 10/27/12 11:24 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
Glad you got it all set up, good luck weathering the storm!!

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
Soccerdocmom #242934 10/28/12 01:17 AM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Thanks Kim and Jen. We're just in waiting mode now in Richmond. I've got plenty of food/water/candles/batteries/charcoal....unless this house full of boys who are currently hanging out (6 at last count including my 2) plan on riding out the storm here! In that case, I've got enough food for about 6 hours LOL! I've just nudged them to go do something useful like get brownie and cupcake mix and chips :-)

Everyone be safe!

Kim: finishing the PhD SOMETIME in 2013! Dx'd with Undifferentiated Spondyloropathy (officially!) in October 2010 and gastroperesis in August 2011, now adding Sjorgren's and VERTIGO to the mix. Mom to 1 daughter with AS (on FULL disability), and 2 sons with UDiff (1 a graphic designer-freelance and 1 an elite level soccer player). Taking Enbrel (Oct. 2012) and Sulfasalezine (spring? 2011)

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard