Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
6 weeks into the Enbrel treatment
#244743 12/03/12 01:29 AM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Well, yesterday marked my 5th Enbrel injection (had to skip last week since I was feeling like crud and the nurse suggested to wait it out a week if at all possible). My first two weeks, I didn't notice any change in stiffness or pain levels, but my energy level was significantly improved! After the 3rd and 4th dose, I was starting to notice a decrease in the amount of time I was having to stretch in the mornings before able to get out of bed without doing a faceplant :-)

Skipping the week only seemed to coincide with a drop in energy levels again, and yesterday, like a dork, I worked my tail off in the yard and cleaning house (when am I EVER going to learn???? ROFL!!). Now I'm sore as crap and all the usual "suspects" HURT like mad...ankles, toes, fingers, wrists, elbows, knees, and even the ol' SI joints, which had been behaving somewhat, are now SCREAMING!

That ought to teach me, huh? But I'm hopeful that things seem to be going in the right direction at least. I've just got to remember that just because I have more energy, it doesn't mean that I need to do EVERYTHING or I won't be able to do ANYTHING!

Kim: finishing the PhD SOMETIME in 2013! Dx'd with Undifferentiated Spondyloropathy (officially!) in October 2010 and gastroperesis in August 2011, now adding Sjorgren's and VERTIGO to the mix. Mom to 1 daughter with AS (on FULL disability), and 2 sons with UDiff (1 a graphic designer-freelance and 1 an elite level soccer player). Taking Enbrel (Oct. 2012) and Sulfasalezine (spring? 2011)
Re: 6 weeks into the Enbrel treatment
Soccerdocmom #244745 12/03/12 02:13 AM
S
sequoia
Unregistered
sequoia
Unregistered
S
good luck on the phd kim. how are the kids? all this pressure piles up, and its good you are on the enbrel. sounds like you are getting something from it in the energy dept. i believe the pain reduction will come alongside soon. i am really benefiting from acupuncture right now. i have "togo" tiny needles in both si joints and the hips. much improved.

congrats on getting this far with the patience, lol. this dx is such a bear.

sequoia

Soccerdocmom #244750 12/03/12 04:02 AM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
I just took my sixth Enbrel injection last night. My pain and aching is much better, but I typically lose the day I take the shot to fatigue, and now ave a mild respiratory infection, too. I will keep taking it, I know the injections can take up to three months to kick in, and for my body to get used to them.

49 yo woman diagnosed with AS November 2012
Treatment plan: Enbrel injections weekly, 4 MTX tablets weekly, 400mg Etadolac 3x daily, Tramadol and Amitryptiline nightly, Prednisone during flares.
Soccerdocmom #244754 12/03/12 12:37 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Thanks for sharing. Yes, it needs to build up. So glad you got to rake the leaves, but don't do too much.

Hope it keeps improving.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
Soccerdocmom #244756 12/03/12 01:46 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
I'm so happy for you that it's working! I know it's only working on your energy and stiffness so far, but that's a good start. I didn't experience that until 8 weeks in on Humira, or until the 3rd month on Simponi. I'm sure even more improvements are to come! It's so hard not to overdo it when we're able to! I know I feel this need to make up for lost time, and to utilize that extra energy to its full potential, much to my chagrin the next day...

Mary, 25, happily married pro photographer, momma to 2 great danes.
Dx: Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, Sjogren's, IBS, Hiatal Hernia, & possible Endometriosis.
Meds: Stelara, Methotrexate, Relafen, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Tizanidine, Voltaren Gel, Tramadol
Soccerdocmom #244767 12/03/12 06:03 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
wow, sounds very promising! I'm so happy for you smile

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
Soccerdocmom #245009 12/07/12 11:29 PM
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Thanks all! Crossing finger (since I can at the moment lol!)

K

Kim: finishing the PhD SOMETIME in 2013! Dx'd with Undifferentiated Spondyloropathy (officially!) in October 2010 and gastroperesis in August 2011, now adding Sjorgren's and VERTIGO to the mix. Mom to 1 daughter with AS (on FULL disability), and 2 sons with UDiff (1 a graphic designer-freelance and 1 an elite level soccer player). Taking Enbrel (Oct. 2012) and Sulfasalezine (spring? 2011)

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard