Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I think I am getting closer to a diaagnosis!
#254730 07/01/13 07:31 PM
M
MizQue Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
I saw my podiatrist today. After 5 1/2 weeks in a walking boot and 4 weeks of PT and Naproxen for tendonitis of the posterior tib, flexor hallucis, and flexor brevis tendons, I am still having significant pain. My podiatrist asked for my rheumy's name and number this morning so that they can talk. She finally agrees that my 2 years of foot pain problems are related to an autoimmune issue.

On a side note, about 5 days after starting the Naproxen for my foot, the rest of me feels GREAT! I am definitely going to ask for daily Naproxen from my rheumy when I see her on Wednesday.

I feel strange for being happy that my podiatrist suspects PsA, but if I have a diagnosis, I can stop worrying about why I feel like crap all the time at the age of 42.

Psoriatic arthritis dx 7/2013, minus the psoriasis. SI joint, hip, knee, elbow, and foot pain since 2006. HLA B27 positive, mom has AS. Currently on Predinsone and will start drug trials in September.
Re: I think I am getting closer to a diaagnosis!
MizQue #254731 07/01/13 08:29 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Originally Posted By: MizQue

I feel strange for being happy that my podiatrist suspects PsA, but if I have a diagnosis, I can stop worrying about why I feel like crap all the time at the age of 42.

And with a dx, you can get proper treatment. Glad the naproxen is helping, and that you're one step closer to a dx!

Ginny - 58 year old female
Dx with USpA in March 2013; changed to AS in July 2015
Iritis and Scleritis, both currently in remission
unicompartmental knee replacements: right-June 2014, left-Aug 2018
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Celebrex as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Culturelle probiotic, Melatonin (as needed)
Re: I think I am getting closer to a diaagnosis!
MizQue #254740 07/02/13 09:11 AM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Glad to hear you are one step closer! I know what you mean about being relieved to have a diagnosis. It's bittersweet...you'd rather not feel pain and fatigue all the time, but you do so you just want an answer. I have PsA and feel like knowing is half the battle.

Kim - age 33, married with 3 children
DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, HLA B27+
Meds: Otezla, Naproxen PRN, Prednisone PRN

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard