Thanks Ginny. The steroids have helped a ton. Wednesday was very difficult, as I went downhill very quickly after the shot, as I always seem to do with steroid injections, before the benefit follows. I seriously contemplated the ER on Wednesday night because my max dose of tramadol, topical pain cream & muscle relaxant weren't even touching that pain, and might have done it if my husband was in town, but I didn't want to go wait at the ER for hours alone as a low priority patient, plus I'm paranoid about being labeled drug-seeking. I would've called my brother to take me, but knew he had a migraine and he can't leave his four-year-old home alone with his wife out of town. Nevermind the numerous other family and acquaintances I *could* have called. I'm great at not reaching out for help. wink

I confided in my mom with multiple calls on Wednesday, with my emotional state at various degrees of.. frazzled. Let's just say I wound up breaking down crying at the Starbucks register when a barista asked me if I was okay and then offered me the drink for free. Mortifying.

I'm still fatigued, achy & stiff, but my pain has calmed, as have my emotions.

I wound up accepting my mom's offer to fly down next week to see me and to help me out some with getting ready for a party we're hosting next week. I also accepted my brother's offer to make us dinner tonight. I'm doing my best to be kind to myself, and to let other people take care of me the best way they know how.

Mary, 25, happily married pro photographer, momma to 2 great danes.
Dx: Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, Sjogren's, IBS, Hiatal Hernia, & possible Endometriosis.
Meds: Stelara, Methotrexate, Relafen, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Tizanidine, Voltaren Gel, Tramadol