Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Broken humerus - avulsion of the greater tuborosit
Shirley #271748 06/24/15 02:49 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Fingers crossed that the manipulation will improve things for you, Shirley.

Ginny - 58 year old female
Dx with USpA in March 2013; changed to AS in July 2015
Iritis and Scleritis, both currently in remission
unicompartmental knee replacements: right-June 2014, left-Aug 2018
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Celebrex as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Culturelle probiotic, Melatonin (as needed)
Shirley #271750 06/24/15 03:10 PM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
May be a little personal - but where do you place the kinesiology tape for your SI joints? I saw it in the drug store and was wondering if it really helps.

Diagnosed with AS November 2013,HLAb27-neg. Also diagnosed with Fibromyalga and CREST syndrome. Degenerative disease of the cervical spine.
Shirley #271752 06/24/15 07:39 PM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
So sorry Shirley, I know you didn't want it to come to that.

kitkat, check out the KT Tape website. http://www.kttape.com/ It has full taping instructions as different issue and locations get done differently and with different tensions. With that said, I tape my SI's as shown on the site. Just above the butt crack. Really, it's hubby that tapes me as I too am a one armed wonder at the moment with rotator cuff and sublaxation issues. smile

Last edited by CanuckMom; 06/24/15 07:41 PM.

Officially dx'ed Nov/10 after being symptomatic 10+ yrs. HLA-B27 positive. 200mg Celebrex twice a day, Targin for pain. Started SSZ in Nov'13 for peripheral issues. Jan '14 added Gabopentin for SI flare related nerve pain. Nov '14 added MTX to the mix. July '15 liver enzymes went crazy and off SSZ and MTX. Back on both at reduced dosages in Aug'15. March '16-son#1 dx'ed AS

Shirley #271768 06/28/15 04:01 AM
W
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
W
Rock Tape is good, I've used it for Achilles tendons, can't tape my own back but physio has done it for me
http://www.rocktape.com/products/tape/

Shirley #272030 08/18/15 08:03 AM
S
Shirley Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Had my shoulder manipulation today. They said it went well.Still quite numb as they put a nerve block in. Arm was totally floppy for several hours which was very weird but can move it a bit now. Off to my first physio appt in the morning.

Shirley
Peripheral and axial AS diagnosed October 2011 aged 50, more than 15 years after the symptoms started. Also PCOS, GERD/oesophagitis/dysphagia, IBS, asthma,chronic rhinitis. Taking enbrel, methotrexate, folic acid, omeprazole, vitamin D, metformin, steroid inhaler and eating low starch/low GI.
Shirley #272033 08/18/15 03:00 PM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
Fingers crossed, hoping that things will finally start moving in the right direction for you.

Ginny - 58 year old female
Dx with USpA in March 2013; changed to AS in July 2015
Iritis and Scleritis, both currently in remission
unicompartmental knee replacements: right-June 2014, left-Aug 2018
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Celebrex as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Culturelle probiotic, Melatonin (as needed)
Shirley #272040 08/18/15 06:15 PM
S
Shirley Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Thanks Ginny.

Shirley
Peripheral and axial AS diagnosed October 2011 aged 50, more than 15 years after the symptoms started. Also PCOS, GERD/oesophagitis/dysphagia, IBS, asthma,chronic rhinitis. Taking enbrel, methotrexate, folic acid, omeprazole, vitamin D, metformin, steroid inhaler and eating low starch/low GI.
Shirley #272041 08/18/15 08:21 PM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Good luck! I started physio last week for mine. The orthopedic surgeon I saw is a dick, after waiting months to see him all he wants to do is repeat all tests and do an MRI. Needless to say that is booked for Nov and my family doc says we will wait for that then is needed do a referral to a new surgeon. His answer to the frozen shoulder was throwing a prescription at me for physio, LOL! Only good thing about waiting so long to do physio is that I am past the pain stage so we are making really good progress. I am averaging about 15 degrees of increased range of movement per appt and about 10 degrees is sticking between appts. smile

Officially dx'ed Nov/10 after being symptomatic 10+ yrs. HLA-B27 positive. 200mg Celebrex twice a day, Targin for pain. Started SSZ in Nov'13 for peripheral issues. Jan '14 added Gabopentin for SI flare related nerve pain. Nov '14 added MTX to the mix. July '15 liver enzymes went crazy and off SSZ and MTX. Back on both at reduced dosages in Aug'15. March '16-son#1 dx'ed AS

Shirley #272043 08/18/15 10:27 PM
S
Shirley Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Thanks and good luck to you too.Funny my ortho said physio wouldn't make much difference until after the manipulation. I'd already done a few weeks of physio by then and kept going with the home exercises. Maybe it depends on the type of injury?

Shirley
Shirley #272122 08/27/15 08:28 PM
S
Shirley Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Hi, just reporting back that I survived the manipulation procedure. I had it last Tuesday and they wrote a medical certificate for the rest of the week. I went back on Monday but was still feeling ridiculously sleepy... I contacted the orthopedic surgeon on Monday who said I wasn't under long so the sleepiness wouldn't be from the anaesthetic. Saw a GP on Tuesday, no signs of any infection or virus, and she said that actually some people do take longer to recover from anaethetic, especially if they have underlying issues like my AS, and to take the rest of the week off to rest up for a bit longer.

Shirley
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard