Print Thread
April is Spondylitis Awareness Month!!
#270883 04/01/15 08:34 PM
S
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S

This April, take the Spondyville Stranger Challenge!

To meet the challenge, you simply have to tell 30 people that you don't know, (That's 1 person per day), about Spondylitis. If you can tell 30 strangers about Spondylitis during the month of April, you've met the challenge! (Tell 50 or more and you'll make the Gold Star Stranger Challenge Honor Roll!)

Are YOU Spondy enough to take the Spondyville Stranger Challenge?

Remember, if you're already doing the "Walk Your AS Off" challenge, you can COMBINE the two: "When you're a-walkin', just start a-talkin'!"

"The Spondyville Stranger Challenge;
Spreading AS Awareness one person at a time."

P.S. It was 7 years ago, right here on the SAA message board that I first proposed the idea of April being Spondylitis Awareness Month. Happily, the idea caught on.

Re: April is Spondylitis Awareness Month!!
Spenser23 #270884 04/01/15 09:02 PM
S
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S

My Spondyville Stranger Challenge got off to a great start yesterday afternoon, when I met and chatted with actor Nathaniel Parker, who is currently starring on Broadway as Henry VIII in "Wolf Hall" ... (He is subletting an apartment in the building where my office is located in the East Village.) He asked me about my stiffness and I got to tell him all about Spondylitis and April being Spondylitis Awareness Month.

Always be prepared to share your AS story, you never know who you're going to meet.

Spenser23

Spenser23 #270944 04/06/15 06:21 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
i'm in college, and on April 1st, i asked my professor in my one class if i could talk for a few minutes about AS. i stood up in front of 14 people and shared a little about AS. so out of my comfort zone, but felt so good.

hope to get the opportunity to do this in my other two classes this semester...

i can't fall back i came too far, hold myself up and love my scars...
Spenser23 #270959 04/07/15 01:53 PM
S
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S

Excellent!! Congratulations!!

It's good to get out of our comfort zone every once in a while. Keep sharing. Who knows, you might find your comfort zone expanding. smile

Spenser23

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard