A Real Solution to Fatigue!!
#271056 04/18/15 02:54 PM
M
mpc2012 Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
After years and years of fighting fatigue from AS, I finally found a solution to it that will keep you going and clear your mind at the same time. I was complaining to my pain doctor one day that the fatigue from AS is absolutely destroying my life and he asked if anyone with AS had ever tried a drug called provigil. I told him no and never heard of it. He asked me if I was willing to try it to see if it would work with AS. I said sure.

So he wrote me a script and I went and filled it. I tried it and the 1st day it was nothing short of close to a miracle. Not only did the fatigue go away, it also cleared my mind and took the fog away from the pain and tiredness I always have in my mind.

If you are suffering with fatigue, I highly recommend you try Provigil. I have included the link for information below:
http://www.provigil.com

My insurance initially refused to cover it and then I sent in an appeal explaining I have to work nights with my job and have a hard time staying awake with AS and they finally approved it. It is not officially listed for an AS treatment but it works wonders for fatigue.

There have been little to no side effects from it and the only downside is sometimes it keeps you awake at night which is a small trade off compared to the crush fatigue I used to deal with during the day.

I highly recommend anyone suffering from being overly tired try it.

Re: A Real Solution to Fatigue!!
mpc2012 #271097 04/22/15 11:49 AM
R
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
R
Glad you found something to help! Fatigue can be a very debilitating aspect of spondylitis.
I had a change in insurance last year, and the new insurance company wouldn't cover it, but they did allow a similar medication called Nuvigil.

Rach

"Knowledge is power" - Francis Bacon
"Try all things, and hold on to that which is good" - Thomas Jefferson
Re: A Real Solution to Fatigue!!
mpc2012 #271100 04/22/15 03:39 PM
V
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
V
I've been prescribed both Provigil and Nuvigil in the past since fatigue was the biggest problem I had. (It's tied with muscle pain now.) I know these do work for a lot of people but sadly I had no luck with them.

Provigil worked great for about 3 hours, but sadly the significant crash lasted the rest of the day. Nuvigil just kept me from falling asleep and didn't really give alertness though it did last longer IIRC. I tend to metabolize meds very quickly so perhaps that had something to do with it(?).

James; AS Dx 2007 with fused SI and lumbar, but had symptoms 20 years before that; HLA-B27+; Scoliosis; Sleep apnea; Osteoporosis; Eales disease in one retina (very rare, possibly related)

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard