Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Canabis Oil? #277987 05/16/17 04:21 PM
BigStu Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Ok gang. I've just about given up on traditional medication. All they do is make me loopy. Anyone use the stuff? I have two compression fractures in my spine that have "wedged" (gotten wider)..the pain is unbearable and the Flexaril and Ultram just make me sleepy.

Stuart Merenbloom-a 30 year sufferer of AS and still in pain most of the time:).
Re: Canabis Oil? [Re: BigStu] #277989 05/16/17 10:00 PM
S
sdot Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
I've tried it. It works. It may not be for all people. I couldn't afford to go that route for treatment as I found the best way of doing it is to build up tolerance while phasing out your pain and you'll get to a point where you're pain free and free of any high or loopy feeling.

It works so good that you think you're cured and stop, and the reality kicks in..

Re: Canabis Oil? [Re: BigStu] #278672 07/28/17 08:24 PM
K
KTM2014 Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Ya, same here. It works. Opiates ruin lives.

HLA-B27+
Hereditary
Low Back and Neck Pain
Joint Pain in Fingers and Hips
Massive Fatigue
Brain Fog
Costochondritis
Migraines
Rx: Endomethicin, Nortriptyline, Prilosec
Re: Canabis Oil? [Re: BigStu] #278674 07/29/17 06:34 PM
W
Windguy Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
W
I've tried DIY topical CBD salve - worked OK - I smelled like the bottom of a bong.

Tried high CBD content oil for smoking - enough to know it worked quite well, but, my lungs don't like it, and I'm not keen on being high. I'm awaiting the emergence of tabular form oral CBD now under development and testing (for purity, dosage standardization, mold etc.). I think it has a lot of promise. One processor in Oregon has already submitted product to two labs for testing. It won't be cheap at first.

I just started Humira this week, and thankfully the VA is paying for it. But - I'm going to keep my eye on CBD as adjunct or replacement for the biologic. It took me a while to accede to using a biologic.

DX AS 2016. DX DISH Syndrome 2000. Humira, SOMA as needed, oils (black spruce, wintergreen, cypress, peppermint, lavender). Severely intolerant to NSAIDs.
Re: Canabis Oil? [Re: KTM2014] #278676 07/30/17 04:56 AM
T
Thesnakejakw Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
Originally Posted By: KTM2014
Ya, same here. It works. Opiates ruin lives.

Very vague statement, *Opiates ruin lives* Opiates ruin lives when the drugs are not taken as directed by the doctor, or you are selling them to a addict on the streets. Opiates save lives for the matter, I tried Oil CBDS Through thc and both make me more sleepy and high and makes my pain worse, I even tried edibles the smoke/Vapor makes my pain worse because my rib cage is trying to fuse with my spine, The 30-40Mg of hydrocodone works a lot better and I feel less drowsy/high when I take those with Soma I take a day which allows me to function do basic house hold things, dishes cooking ect, every time I bend I am in pain and I have ankylosing spondylitis Weed or edibles no matter how powerful don't fix my pain, if you eliminated opiates from the market suicide rates from chronic pain patients would go up ten fold.

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed
Re: Canabis Oil? [Re: BigStu] #278677 07/30/17 05:02 AM
T
Thesnakejakw Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
Originally Posted By: BigStu
Ok gang. I've just about given up on traditional medication. All they do is make me loopy. Anyone use the stuff? I have two compression fractures in my spine that have "wedged" (gotten wider)..the pain is unbearable and the Flexaril and Ultram just make me sleepy.

Tramadol is not a good pain killer, If Flexaril makes you sleepy just take it at bed time, or ask your doctor for a muscle relaxer that would not make you to sleepy, try to get a different pain medicine such as Lortab ( Hydrocodone + ASAP) I know its a more potent pain killer but it does it job and actually for most people gives them energy, Weed/ oils/ edibles never worked for my back and I am on 30mg currently of hydrocodone a day and 1400MG of soma a day I rarely feel high or drowsy ( it is only usually my first dose in the morning but a cup of coffee fixes that. Or I will feel high when I take It with one of my somas. Weed is still illegal on federal level so if a doc detects weed in your system MMJ user or not they will not be able to help you most likely with other pain medicine in the future. I am allergic to tramadol now, it gives me sickness/ and major gi stomach pain and I always hated the tramadols sedation effects, due to the amount of serotonin they put in the drug it acts more like a anti depressant. Good luck weed aint going to get rid of that back pain I have ankylosing spondylitis with multiple other issues and weed alone does not fix anything Good luck. Weed/cbds just make me feel to zoned out and I don't feel safe driving on it, I feel a lot more safe taking half my regular dose of hydrocodone and driving as my mental alertness is better that way

Last edited by Thesnakejakw; 07/30/17 05:04 AM.

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed
Re: Canabis Oil? [Re: BigStu] #278681 07/31/17 01:51 PM
A
Anja Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I use it and have seen a pretty dramatic improvement to my quality of life. It does require research and trial and error to determine which strains, methods of consumption, and amounts work best for you.

I use several different strains of sativa or 50/50 sativa-indica hybrids throughout the day and heavy indica strains at night. Different strains will help with different symptoms. The daytime sativas are good for fighting fatigue, pain, inflammation, depression. The nighttime indicas help with muscle spasms, pain, insomnia, anxiety.

You also don't need to smoke it. I have never smoked cannabis because I have pretty serious asthma. Instead I have a vaporizer pen with CO2 oil concentrate cartridges, glycerin and alcohol based tinctures, CBD and THC oil capsules, topical salve, CBD concentrate drops, and a vaporizer that can handle flower (the part of the plant that normally is smoked). For me, a combination of THC and CBD products have been the most beneficial. I used CBD-only products for several years, which did help, but not in the significant way that it does when combined with THC.

All that being said, everyone is unique and pain management is highly individualized, so my experience doesn't mean that it will also work for everyone else.

Female, early 30s. Dx AS July 2016, symptomatic 13 years.
Current meds: Cosentyx (150mg injections every 2 weeks) since April 2018. Tramadol (100mg every 6 hours) since January 2017. Celebrex (200 mg every 12 hours) since July 2017. Medical cannabis tincture/oil/vape/topicals.
Ineffective meds/ intolerance: Remicade (3 months). Cimzia (6 months). Enbrel (6 months). MTX w/ folic acid (2 months). Plaquenil (3 months). Prednisone (1 month).

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto