I saw my dermatologist this week after my rheumatologist was unable to diagnose an ovular rash that has appeared on my trunk, below my right under arm. He thinks I have developed Erythema Annulare Centrifugum, a rare, reactive skin condition. In and of itself it is harmless, but it can be a sign of other issues--most commonly to a fungal infection (which I don't believe I have), but also some autoimmune conditions (though not the main ones I have), medications, and some forms of cancer. In most cases the cause is unknown.

Most likely mine is a reaction to medication (Enbrel or Cosentyx) or to one of my autoimmune conditions, but the possibility of cancer is a little concerning smirk I have been off Enbrel since the end of August and am now discontinuing Cosentyx as well, so if either of those are the trigger, then the rash should resolve once the med clears my system. I don't suppose anyone else has had this condition show up? And do you know what the trigger was? If so, did it clear up, or has it become chronic?

Happy Holidays to All!

Last edited by kglenn; 12/21/18 05:06 PM.

Karen
Female, early 50's, HLA B27+, family history of SpA
Diagnoses: USpA (9/17), limited Scleroderma/Raynaud's phenomenon/Sjogren's syndrome (1/16), stroke (8/15), Factor V Leiden (8/15)
AS symptoms: right heel enthesitis/tendonitis; elbow tendonitis; mild low back/buttocks and hip pain/stiffness; normal MRI
Treatment: Xarelto; vitamins D3, B12, folate Primary non-responder to Enbrel and Cosentyx