Print Thread
Enbrel caused anxiety anyone?
#283497 08/19/19 01:07 PM
W
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
W
So doc made me stop enbrel at 13 weeks because of extreme chest pain 24 hours after injection along with severe anxiety. It was so bad that I realized what a true anxiety and depression feels like. It was dark days, always worrying etc..for 72 hours after the injection then all of sudden it would be gone out of nowhere.

It was so strange so doc had me stop the drug to see if this was the caused. Two weeks off enbrel all symptoms went away completely.

Has anyone had any similar symptoms with enbrel or any other TNF blockers? This marks two failed tnf blocker for me. It just seems like my body rebuke the tnf class of drug.

Looking forward to connecting someone who has been in similar situation.

Thanks

Re: Enbrel caused anxiety anyone?
worldofme #283498 08/19/19 01:08 PM
W
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
W
I'm stoutly to figure out what drugs is best of interest for me. Is cosentyx a better drug since it's a none tnf class?

worldofme #283543 08/25/19 01:18 AM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Try cosentyx if you fail the TNF drugs no reported cases of mood swings and depression. The AS forums also had cases where humira and enbrel caused mood swings like this.

worldofme #283557 08/30/19 05:50 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I didn't get anxiety, paranoia issues from Enbrel until I had been on it for 4 to 6 months. Now any TNFi gives me issues however Cosentyx relieved depression and anxiety in the long run. Am now considering Taltz cause it just got approved for AS. I have never found out what the mechanism was for sure that caused me to go cuckoo on Enbrel. I just know that I am not the only one it has happened to. Old and young, male and female it has happened to others. Some believe CNS demyelination others maybe serotonin syndrome. The hardest part for me is that no one would listen when I told them something was very wrong. I never got the MRI to check for CNS problems. Now my Rheumatologist tells me to quit any TNFi that gives me depression. Cosentyx didn't really help my sacroiliitis and seemed to almost worsen it. Danielle

25 years a pharmacist HLAB27+(thanks dad!)iritis at 17, plantar fasciitis at 22, sacroiliitis at 25,first image at 31,diagnosis of AS at 48(hello medical community!!) it's all been downhill since (Cosentyx(waiting on Taltz)Celebrex,Trazodone,Tramadol,benztropine(antispasmodic), high Omega3,A&D to tame immune system,quercetin,bromelain) previous meds were Enbrel Humira Simponi
worldofme #283599 09/19/19 06:13 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
This is interesting. I've been on Simponi for a little while and I've noticed out of nowhere Im beyond anxious. Im been through the ringer on these meds so I dont tend to get worried about changes and have learned to just deal with what comes. It really came as a shock. While I know theyre different meds, I will without a doubt say that since I've started simponi Ive noticed my anxiety through the roof. Beyond unpleasant.

diagnosed at 32.
HLA B27 Positive
Currently on Simponi, Tramadol, and celebrex

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard