Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Numbness and tingling in one foot
cipher #284037 02/13/20 02:53 AM
D
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
D
Cipher: I'm not sure how I'm doing ... funny you ask. I saw a neurologist a few days ago for something unrelated to the neuropathy. We discussed my history. The neurologist thought it would a good idea to repeat the MRI that was done 4 years ago. The MRI was done yesterday evening-Tuesday. Today (Wednesday), I got a call from a neurosurgeon who wanted to discuss the MRI. The neurosurgeon thought I should be seen soon. I have an appointment tomorrow morning (Thursday).

KatherineL16 #284396 08/08/20 07:10 AM
C
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Katherine, -I had taken Humira for 5 months total and on month 3, I started getting a strange tingly feeling in one foot that wasnt going away no matter what kind of shoe inserts I tried or stretches I did. . Since I wasn't getting any relief from Humira (same as with Taltz which I took for a year), I quit taking it. At that point, I thought it was a flare on the bottom of that foot pressing on a nerve. (sounded reasonable to me). The tingling in my foot never stopped and then 2 months after I quite Humira, my other foot started tingling as well. From there, both feet got worse, tingling, burning and feeling numb and sometimes it creeps up the side of my legs. I cant sleep at night because of the pain. I cant walk without a lot of pain and I will lose my balance easily. In February, I saw a neurologist who conducted a EMG and it is NOT my back or spine. I did a lot of bloodwork including a glucose tolerance test and all came back negative. I was subsequently diagnosed with Small Fiber Nephropathy most likely as a side effect from Humira. He showed me that it is a rare side effect of Humira. I can chose to do a biopsy of my feet next but the treatment will be the same no matter what it shows. I was given Gabapenten which helps with the pain and I can sleep with it now. I am very troubled and sad with this because the one thing I enjoyed most was walking my 3 dogs and I cant do that anymore. I am sure my dogs are sad too!

Cipher - did the biopsy hurt? If the biopsy is negative for demyelination, are CIPD, or Mononeuritis Multiplex the only two diagnosis it could be? I was wondering if I should have an MRI on my brain next? I feel stuck.

Dadcue- what did your MRI show? are you OK?

Last edited by CB in CA; 08/08/20 07:11 AM.
KatherineL16 #284403 08/12/20 10:45 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
The moment I started to see psychologist the moment I stopped seeing other doctors. “Thanks” to covid I see nobody anymore. I live in the nature now working remotely, picking mushrooms, fishing, hiking, swimming every day depending on location, breathing fresh air, listening to my favorite channel about politics, cooking on wood fire, even drinking beer. Inviting people I like to spend my time with, or going to see them. I was lucky I guess to have a wise rheumatologists who is also a psychologist. And she gave me a lesson. It was tough speech in front of other inmates in that hospital ward. My wife ran away crying back then.
2 years ago I dreamt of such break of pace and I was also warned I was pushing too much.

diagnosed with AS April 2018, starting with cervical pain/stiffness; Aug 2018 enthesitis/bursitis left Achilles
diagnosed with AAU Nov 2017 (7 flares so far)
Eosinophilic Gastritis
Sulfasalazine 3g 08.2018-05.2019 (worked for AAU & peripheral)
Supplements:C/D, omega 3/Probiotic/ Mediterranean NSD/curcumin
swimming/yoga/pilates
Predonisone in case of another AAU flare
KatherineL16 #284432 09/18/20 07:28 AM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
Get an MRI of your lumbar spine and SI joints. Rule out a pinched nerve problem first. My GP ordered one for me.

Dx w/ AS in 1985. HLA-B27+. Left total hip replacement in 1998, lost 2" of height due to osteoporosis. Relevant meds include Remicade, Oxycontin, Percocet, Lyrica, Soma.7 hour spine fusion surgery for cervical spondylotic myelopathy and radiculopathy but have residual myelopathy. I have generalized osteoarthritis and have worn out hips, knees, big toes, and some fingers are fused or growing bones. Disabled since 2015. Chronic pain patient on a high dose of opioids. Live in zero gravity chair.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard