Medications for fatigue
#283996 01/28/20 06:06 PM
B
Brody96 Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Hello! Have any of you found a medication that works for fatigue? I have both AS and lupus and the combination has caused debilitating fatigue. My rheumatologist has played around with several different medications but nothing has worked so far. I have my 12th surgery in less than 5 years scheduled in March and I am desperate to find something that works before the stress of the surgery compounds the problem. It’s not a surgery I can postpone unfortunately so if any of you have found a medication that works I would greatly appreciate the advice! I meet with my rheumatologist next week and I’m hoping to bring some new ideas to the table. Thank you!!

Ankylosing Spondylitis and Lupus.
12 surgeries and counting

Dog mom of 3 rescues laugh

Re: Medications for fatigue
Brody96 #283998 01/29/20 01:32 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Have you had a sleep study?

Diagnosed 2001 after years of joint pain. Remicade started 2002 - 5mg/kg every 7 weeks.
Right Eye Iritis.Trabeculectomy/lens replacement 2006 > DSEK Cornea Transplant 2009.
>Ahmed Shunt 2016 >DSEK Cornea Transplant 2016.
Supra Ventricular Tachycardia. Radio Frequency Ablation 2008.
Angina and stent placement 9/2020

ICU RN - Seattle, WA
~Grasp The Challenge and Succeed~
Brody96 #284329 07/02/20 02:44 PM
T
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
After many years of crippling fatigue, I finally had to try Adderall. It got me through a rough year!

Brody96 #284332 07/05/20 01:56 AM
S
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
I actually came to figure out what to do pain and fatigue is killing me and no way in 100 years is my doctor going to prescribe ANYTHING to help.

I was thinking about cocaine. Thoughts?

sdot #284337 07/07/20 11:24 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Originally Posted by sdot
I actually came to figure out what to do pain and fatigue is killing me and no way in 100 years is my doctor going to prescribe ANYTHING to help.

I was thinking about cocaine. Thoughts?

It will drain your addrenals and you will crash hard.

I've taken analogs of modafinil in the past as you can get them without a prescription and yes they work but its not sustainable. Nothing is sustainable when it comes to supplements/herbs etc. I use THC for sleep but after time you have to take more so I use Agmatine Sulphate to reset my tolerance and make it stronger but then I have to worry about the agmatine NMDA antagonist which can not be a bad thing but it can be. A 100% clean diet is your best fighting chance. Right now I am cycling 9-MBC and it's doing wonders for many things including fatique but there is a high risk of it converting into a nurotoxin so I have to take Selegiline to help stop that.

Taking supplements or even medications for fatique comes with it's side effects and there is nothing wrong with taking them. What I am saying is what ever you decide to take to think you can take it for weeks on end and expect the same results. Our condition is a job and you have to cycling your supplements and balance out the side effects.

Brody96 #284338 07/08/20 08:49 AM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
But you could also suppress your bodies ability to heal with overburdening desires of your mind to control?isn't that a closed loop?
AS makes you more sensitive to the body like any other condition. But mind is only a tool that needs to be taken care of the same way. Apparently we have 3 brains and the body brain takes the longest to adjust to. Perhaps due to the fact there are many chemical reaction chains to be taken place before new homeostasis established.
Perhaps supplement of your choice have to be used as an aid and thorough observation of the body reaction conducted. Perhaps human body is not a test tube. Might react differently in different circumstances, times of the day, month, as we have many or organs responding to different components. And this cannot be comprehended with our minds but rather intuition. Over-expressed mind activity could suppress the subconscious intuitive power that inevitably protects us. Could be that a good probiotic, and really need to know what deficiency you have, ex antihistamines etc, can help to regulate bowel movements, and stop that food fermentation due to prolonged constipations or nutritional malabsorption due to diarrhea, but we cannot know how our individual body absorbs nutritions at different times. Especially that apparently our nutritional balance is established in the first 13 months of our life as infant.
Nothing can be said for certain, it is too complex and waiting for the new academic research especially not being a trained health care professional can be futile.
I am more and more discovering my bodies reaction to external stimuli, feelings, emotions, attitudes. I am also observing the intuitive reactions of my subconscious, habits that are so hard to change. Perhaps there lies the key...

diagnosed with AS April 2018, starting with cervical pain/stiffness; Aug 2018 enthesitis/bursitis left Achilles
diagnosed with AAU Nov 2017 (7 flares so far)
Eosinophilic Gastritis
Sulfasalazine 3g 08.2018-05.2019 (worked for AAU & peripheral)
Supplements:C/D, omega 3/Probiotic/ Mediterranean NSD/curcumin
swimming/yoga/pilates
Predonisone in case of another AAU flare
Brody96 #284358 07/19/20 11:24 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B VITAMINS my CHILLA.
although i wish theyd let us chew tha coca leaf. I AM An ADULT!

N I A C I N
B6
B12
etc

Braxon B Shenn
Brody96 #284456 09/25/20 09:17 AM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
I suggest Provigil or Modivigil. I used them when I was having overwhelming fatigue for about a year and they were lifesavers. They work great but don't plan to sleep much. They will keep you awake at night.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard